The Mahogany Murderers was the eleventh title in the third series of The Companion Chronicles. It served as pilot for the Jago & Litefoot series. After a favourable reception, the series was commissioned.
Publisher's summary Edit
Professor George Litefoot: the eminent pathologist who advises the police in some of their grisliest cases. Henry Gordon Jago: the master of ceremonies at the Alhambra Theatre. These are two very different men from contrasting strata in society who became firm friends and collaborators after their adventure with the Doctor and Leela battling the evil Weng-Chiang.
Some years later, Jago and Litefoot have defeated dangerous denizens of the daemonic darkness together. They have stood side by side against threats to the British Empire. But when a body is found on the banks of the River Thames and Litefoot's post mortum reveals that it is actually a highly detailed wooden mannequin, their most dangerous adventure begins.
Dr Tulp has masterminded a deadly scheme, Jack Yeovil and his murderous gang plan to live forever, and only Jago and Litefoot can stop them...
to be added
- Henry Gordon Jago - Christopher Benjamin
- Professor George Litefoot - Trevor Baxter
- Ellie Higson - Lisa Bowerman
to be added
- Despite being part of The Companion Chronicles, this story focuses on two characters who have never been "official" companions of the Doctor. This status was changed retroactively, where they travelled with the Sixth Doctor on two adventures. (AUDIO: Voyage to Venus, Voyage to the New World)
- This story served as a pilot episode for the Jago & Litefoot series which was confirmed after this title's success.
- This is the second time that Andy Lane has written a story featuring Jago and Litefoot, the first being the short story A Victorian Interlude in 1991.
- This audio drama was recorded on 22 September 2008.
- Jago recalls the "Weng-Chiang incident". (TV: The Talons of Weng-Chiang)
- Jago and Litefoot would fight Dr Tulp on two subsequent occasions. (AUDIO: The Bellova Devil, The Similarity Engine)