Publisher's summary Edit
Charley Pollard's innocent request to meet a historical hero seems the easiest thing for a friend with a time and space machine to make happen. But as Charley and the Doctor seek out the Victorian explorer, they uncover a sinister scheme to unravel Earth's future by affecting its past. But where in its history was the deed done? And is it already too late to put right?
to be added
- The Doctor and Charley are eating blue Scotch eggs from Metebelis III.
- The TARDIS' translation circuits are malfunctioning.
- Julia Riory was born in 2450. She commanded the UEF Mon Marchè in 2488.
- The TARDIS has a wine cellar and a games room.
- While visiting the Reform Club in London in 1866, the Doctor got into an argument with Charles Dickens about an error in Great Expectations.
- The Doctor explains the fire-and-forget missile to Charley.
- This story is available for download only.
- This story was recorded at The Moat Studios on 27 April 2016.
- The Doctor refers to the TARDIS' wine cellar. (AUDIO: The Haunting of Thomas Brewster)
- The Doctor would later meet Charles Dickens once again in Cardiff on 24 December 1869 during his ninth incarnation. (TV: The Unquiet Dead)
- The Doctor refers to the dominance of the Earth Empire. (TV: Frontier in Space, The Mutants)
- The Messenger mentions that he had a pet cat until "that business in the Capitol". (TV: The Mark of the Rani)
- The Doctor defends his decision to prevent Charley from dying aboard the British airship the R101 on 5 October 1930. (AUDIO: Storm Warning)
- The Messenger refers to the Time Lords' non-interference policy. (TV: The War Games)
- The Doctor suggests taking Charley to the Eye of Orion. (TV: The King's Demons, The Five Doctors)