Publisher's summary Edit
Charley Pollard's innocent request to meet a historical hero seems the easiest thing for a friend with a time and space machine to make happen. But as Charley and the Doctor seek out the Victorian explorer, they uncover a sinister scheme to unravel Earth's future by affecting its past. But where in its history was the deed done? And is it already too late to put right?
- The Doctor and Charley are eating blue Scotch eggs from Metebelis III.
- The TARDIS' translation circuits are malfunctioning.
- Julia Riory was born in 2450. She commanded the UEF Mon Marchè in 2488.
- The TARDIS has a wine cellar and a games room.
- While visiting the Reform Club in London in 1866, the Doctor got into an argument with Charles Dickens about an error in Great Expectations.
- The Doctor explains the fire-and-forget missile to Charley.
- This story is available for download only.
- This story was recorded at The Moat Studios on 27 April 2016.
- The Doctor refers to the TARDIS' wine cellar. (AUDIO: The Haunting of Thomas Brewster)
- The Doctor would later meet Charles Dickens once again in Cardiff on 24 December 1869 during his ninth incarnation. (TV: The Unquiet Dead)
- The Doctor refers to the dominance of the Earth Empire. (TV: Frontier in Space, The Mutants)
- The Messenger mentions that he had a pet cat until "that business in the Capitol". (TV: The Mark of the Rani)
- The Doctor defends his decision to prevent Charley from dying aboard the British airship the R101 on 5 October 1930. (AUDIO: Storm Warning)
- The Messenger refers to the Time Lords' non-interference policy. (TV: The War Games)
- The Doctor suggests taking Charley to the Eye of Orion. (TV: The King's Demons, The Five Doctors)