The Many Hands was the eighteenth Tenth Doctor novel released.
Publisher's summary Edit
The Nor' Loch is being filled in. If you ask the soldiers there, they'll tell you it's a stinking cesspool that the city can do without. But that doesn't explain why the workers won't go near the place without an armed guard.
That doesn't explain why they whisper stories about the loch giving up its dead, about the minister who walked into his church twelve years after he died.
to be added
- Tenth Doctor
- Martha Jones
- Katherine Monro
- Alexander Monro
- Benjamin Franklin
- Arthur King
- John Monro
- Gordon Yarwood
- Neil McVicar
- Onk Ndell Kith
- John Connolly
- Ernest Wright
- The Many Hands was also released as a paperback book in a collection, which also included paperback versions of the novels Shining Darkness and Prisoner of the Daleks.
- This story was also released as an ebook available from the Amazon Kindle store.
Audio release Edit
- An abridged reading of the story was released as an audiobook on 2x CD read by David Troughton.
- This audiobook was released in a box set along with Martha in the Mirror and Snowglobe 7, under the collective title New Adventures.
- The Doctor states he knew someone who fought at Culloden.
- The Doctor tells Martha not to be offended if the holograms in the TARDIS call her Rose.
- The Doctor ponders whether the entities possessing the dead are Gelth. (TV: The Unquiet Dead)
- The Slitheen family are mentioned. They previously appeared in TV: The Lost Boy.
- Martha refers to "alien witches". (TV: The Shakespeare Code)