a real world point of view
|The Mazes of Time|
|Release date:||16 December 2010|
The Mazes of Time is the third Doctor Who video game featuring the Eleventh Doctor. It was released after the games Doctor Who: Return to Earth and Doctor Who: Evacuation Earth were released for the Nintendo Wii and Nintendo DS respectively. The game was released onto Apple's App Store for use on the iPod Touch, the iPhone and the iPad. 
Publisher's summary Edit
An intrepid traveller through time and space and the last of the powerful Time Lords, the Doctor is armed only with his incredible intelligence and his sonic screwdriver. Join him and his human companion, Amy Pond, as they race to save an innocent family attacked by a rogue Dalek and hurtled into the depths of history. Your journey will take you from ancient Incan temples, to the frozen tombs of Telos and a stunning finale on a Dalek ship. Defeat your favourite enemies, solve devious puzzles, and restore peace throughout time!
- Brain twisting puzzles – over 100 in all!
- Travel through time and space to seven unique locations
- Increasingly complex environmental challenges to challenge your mind and reflexes
- Play as both the Doctor and his companion, Amy Pond, utilising their unique skills and abilities to solve challenges
- Features Daleks, Cybermen and Silurians – each with unique behaviour that requires different strategies of stealth and subterfuge to complete levels
- Authentic music from the show
- Features Open Feint and Game Centre achievements
The Doctor and Amy Pond have picked up a distress signal from a family ship. They go there and check it out, and the Doctor realises that something is wrong. By that time, the Daleks have sent the family flying throughout the galaxy. The Doctor and Amy go search for each family member, but this is far more complicated than they originally thought.
- The Doctor
- Amy Pond
- Billy Jones
- Mrs Jones
- Drone Dalek
- Scientist Dalek
- Strategist Dalek
- Silurian Hunters
The Doctor Edit
- While informing Amy about blocks of ice that can be slid, called "inertia", the Doctor says he once had a great-aunt of the same name.
- The Doctor calls the Silurians with masks "Hunters" and those without masks "elite warriors". Of the latter, he notes "their skill in combat make them feared even without a mask".
Story notes Edit
- If either the Doctor or Amy is killed during the game, they regenerate.
- An update for the game was released on 14 January. It included a new game entitled The Christmas Trap, featuring Autons.
- Another update was released on 7 May, which included a new game entitled Angels in the Shadows, featuring Weeping Angels. The update also included a level creator using the game's sandbox engine.
- Upon exploring the mine, the Doctor notes that Amy and he have seen bio-technology before. The Silurians previously used bio-technology in TV: Cold Blood.
- ↑ Doctor Who TV - Doctor Who: The Mazes of Time Announced - 24 November 2010; accessed 4 December 2011