The Memory Bank was the first story of the anthology The Memory Bank and Other Stories. It was the first story since the 2005 release Singularity to feature the Fifth Doctor travelling with just Vislor Turlough.
Publisher's summary Edit
The Doctor and Turlough arrive on a planet where to be forgotten is to cease to exist. But the Forgotten leave a gap in the world – and that’s where the monsters are hiding.
to be added
- The Doctor - Peter Davison
- Turlough/Computer - Mark Strickson
- Max - Suzann McLean
- Archivist/Computer - Ian Brooker
- The Hux/Radio Voice/David Finch -[statement unclear]
- Maxine Andrews is 31 years old. She grew up on her father's cattle farm outside Castic City.
- Turlough claims that he is not much of a people person.
- Tobias was the archivist of the Memory Bank for 47 years.
- Trions do not like to look back, preferring to live in the present.
- Turlough recalls spending half-term with his Brendon Public School schoolmate Hippo Ibbotson and his family in Weston-super-Mare.
- Turlough and Charlie Gibbs once climbed the wall of the girls' school. When the girls saw them, their screams were so loud that Gibbs fell back over the wall and fractured his collarbone.
- Turlough and Peter Smythe took the trophies from the sports cabinet and dumped them in the school pond.
- Other Brendon Public School students included Henry Lucas, Barney Adams and Kenneth Smith.
- Turlough is an avid artist. (TV: The Five Doctors; AUDIO: The Last Fairy Tale)
- Turlough refers to his time at Brendon Public School in 1983. (TV: Mawdryn Undead)
- Turlough recalls fighting in the Trion Civil War as a junior ensign commander. (TV: Planet of Fire)
- Turlough refers to his former schoolmates Ibbotson (TV: Mawdryn Undead) and Charlie Gibbs (AUDIO: Eldrad Must Die!).