|The Memory Cheats|
|Main setting:||Uzbekistan, Central Asia, August 1919|
|Music:||Richard Fox & Lauren Yason|
|Sound:||Richard Fox & Lauren Yason|
|Cover by:||Marcus at Amazing15|
|Release date:||September 2011|
|The Companion Chronicles|
|The Rocket Men||The Many Deaths of Jo Grant|
Publisher's summary Edit
Zoe Heriot remembers everything. But she remembers nothing.
A genius with instant recall, Zoe's mind has been purged of her memories of travelling with the Doctor and Jamie in the TARDIS. And years later she is in deep trouble — prosecuted by the mysterious company that has evidence that she has travelled in Space and Time.
Except Zoe knows they're wrong.
But if that's the case, why is there proof that Zoe was in Uzbekistan in 1919.
Can the memory cheat?
to be added
- The Bolsheviks have recently seized power in Uzbekistan.
- Richard Lansing, a bureaucrat from the British Foreign Office, was born in Romsey in 1876 and was injured in the Second Boer War. His wife was named Elizabeth.
- The Doctor poses as a Soviet official sent from Moscow to investigate the disappearance of several Uzbek children.
- Jamie plays football for the first time in his life, with several Uzbek children.
- This story's title is a quote commonly attributed to John Nathan-Turner, who was describing what he saw as fans' tendency to improve memories of older Doctor Who episodes which they hadn't rewatched for some time or which had been lost.
- This audio drama was recorded on 13 October 2010.
- Zoe tells Jen that she considered stowing away on the TARDIS and is unsure as to why she did not. (TV: The Wheel in Space)
- Zoe and Jen both mention Ali. (AUDIO: Echoes of Grey)
- Jen refers to the lock placed on Zoe's mind by the Time Lords. (TV: The War Games)
- Zoe is still experiencing memories of her travels with the Doctor in the form of dreams. (AUDIO: Fear of the Daleks, Echoes of Grey)
- For Zoe recounting the story, The Memory Cheats occurs after the frame story of AUDIO: Echoes of Grey and before the frame story of AUDIO: The Uncertainty Principle