When Jamie McCrimmon brings the Second Doctor a mysterious book, little does he realise the danger contained within its pages. The book transports the TARDIS to a terrifying glass city on a distant world, where the Archons are intent on getting revenge on the Time Lord for an ancient grudge.
to be added
- Thascalos tells Jamie that he has a bookshop on Charing Cross Road.
- Jamie remembers that Polly, who had known his Doctor before he changed, described him as an "unmade bed", and noted how accurate the description was.
- The ancient Gallifreyans declared war on the Archons and stole their "seeds" in order to grow TARDISes.
- The Doctor is eating an ice cream cone when he meets with Jamie.
- In London, the TARDIS is parked directly opposite the statue of Henry Irving at the back of the National Portrait Gallery.
- The TARDIS' time rotor is broken, and unfit for time-travel.
- The Financial Times states that gold is priced at 37 American dollars an ounce.
- The Doctor states that he still has plenty of jewellery from Tut-Ankh-Amen that they can sell.
- The Necronomicon takes the TARDIS to the Great Desolation, a journey that takes more than eight hours.
- Gallifreyans can identify each other by smell.
- The Doctor has almost forgotten what it is like to have a birthday gift.
- The Necronomicon is partially written in Sumerian, Rongorongo and one of the Vedic Scripts.
- An audiobook of the story was read by Frazer Hines.
- The Doctor's recorder is plain with blue stripes. (TV: The Three Doctors)
- The Doctor tells Jamie "When I say run, run." (TV: The Five Doctors, Tomb of the Cybermen)
- He also says he's a genius. (TV: The Seeds of Death)
- The Archons dance to the music of the spheres. (TV: Music of the Spheres)
- The Doctor once told Jamie that TARDISes were grown rather than built. (TV: The Impossible Planet)
- Jamie states that the TARDIS had many, many rooms, including an "Olympic-sized swimming pool." (TV: The Invasion of Time)
- The Doctor states that there is plenty of money in the TARDIS, (TV: Doctor Who) specifically in one of the bedrooms. (TV: The Doctor's Wife)
- The Doctor states that for the TARDIS to heal, it needs a tranfusion of gold, mercury, and Zeiton-7; a substance that Jamie notes does not exist on Earth. (TV: Vengeance on Varos)
- The Doctor is startled by the TARDIS erupting a male echo of "The Nameless City", as the TARDIS' voice is usually female. (TV: The Doctor's Wife)
- The Doctor states that his TARDIS is an "Old TT Type-40 Mark-III machine" (TV: The Time Meddler, TV: Victory of the Daleks)
- The Doctor and Jamie travel alone. (TV: The Two Doctors)
- The Doctor, Jamie, and Victoria Waterfield met the Master on the Darkheart colony, as the Doctor knows the old man has black/grey hair and a goatee. (PROSE: The Dark Path)
to be added