Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Many items in the Reference section sound like part of the plot summary. The References section is not for plot points.
|Publisher:||Big Finish Productions|
|Cover by:||Tom Webster|
|Part of:||Infernal Devices|
|Release date:||22 February 2016|
|Format:||1 X 1 hour|
|The War Doctor|
|A Thing of Guile||The Shadow Vortex|
Publisher's summary Edit
On an isolated world ravaged by battle, time itself has become a weapon, laying waste to all who live and die there. Arms and technology are in a state of flux — and it seems that everlasting war is their only option.
to be added
- The War Doctor - John Hurt
- Cardinal Ollistra - Jacqueline Pearce
- General Kallix - Tim Bentinck
- Daylin - Jaye Griffiths
- Commander Thrakken - Barnaby Kay
- The Daleks - Nicholas Briggs
- Valis - Laura Harding
- Commander Barnac - Tracy Wiles
- The Neverwhen exists outside of normal spacetime.
- Time phasing, which sends individuals through their own evolution, is a result of the time flux, also called a "chronon flux," which is a form of time distortion.
- The Time Lords move from level 5 technology to level 1, which the War Doctor describes as "beyond the Dark Times."
- The Daleks evolve through several variants including Special Weapons, spider degradations, and diamond Daleks.
- The potentiality warp is the Neverwhen's control matrix and holds its reality together. It's an engine room that exists both inside and outside of the Neverwhen, beyond most planes of existence.
- The Doctor received an "A" in quantum flux equations on the third attempt.
- Ollistra planned to use the Neverwhen flux with the Annihilator to break Skaro's time lock.
- The Neverwhen was built by the people who pioneered time lock technology.
- This story was recorded at The Moat Studios.
- Ollistra has tampered with the Doctor's TARDIS. (AUDIO: A Thing of Guile)
- She reminds the Doctor that he told her she'd find him in "the heart of the battle." (AUDIO: The Heart of the Battle)
- The Daleks are attempting to perfect permanent extermination against the Time Lords. (PROSE: Engines of War, TV: The Last Day, The Day of the Doctor)
- The Neverwhen's potential for mass resurrection replaces the Aldriss project. (AUDIO: Legion of the Lost)
- The Doctor uses the Anima device. (AUDIO: A Thing of Guile)
- Kallix mentions the technology of the Sisterhood of Karn. (TV: The Night of the Doctor, AUDIO: Sisters of the Flame)