Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Unlike other fictional universes, the Doctor Who universe is created solely by fiction. To us, this is a secondary source. Information from this source can only be used in "behind the scenes" sections, or on pages about real world topics.
|The New Audio Adventures: The Inside Story|
|Written by:||Benjamin Cook|
|Publisher:||Big Finish Productions|
|Release date:||26 February 2004|
|Format:||Hardback book, 278 pages|
Publisher's summary Edit
Since 1999, Big Finish Productions have produced regular, fully-licensed ongoing, audio adventures for the Doctor and his companions. This official and authoritative book is a no-holds-barred account of the making of every Big Finish Doctor Who play - The Sirens of Time to 2003's anniversary special Zagreus, taking in special releases, online webcasts, Doctor Who Unbound, Dalek Empire and Sarah Jane Smith.
Subject matter Edit
- Each story from The Sirens of Time through to Zagreus is given at least two pages discussing its writing and formation and a page devoted to trivia on the audio drama.
- Doctor Who Unbound - Detailing; Auld Mortality, Sympathy for the Devil, Full Fathom Five, He Jests at Scars..., Deadline, Exile
- Dalek Empire - Discussing the series as a whole (though in a similar fashion to the monthly stories); Dalek Empire I and Dalek War (Dalek Empire II)
- Sarah Jane Smith - Discussing the first series as a whole (though in a similar fashion to the monthly stories); Comeback, The Tao Connection, Test of Nerve, Ghost Town, Mirror, Signal, Manoeuvre
Notable features Edit
- Foreword by Russell T Davies, who later became the producer of the revived Doctor Who on television. Author Benjamin Cook and he would collaborate on the two editions of Doctor Who: The Writer's Tale.
- Afterword by Paul McGann
- A recitation inspired by Shakespeare's Richard II, cut from between Parts Three and Four of Jubilee - written by Robert Shearman
- Part (Chapters) One, Four and Six are devoted to (more so) behind the scenes information of Big Finish Productions' operation; Part One - How It All Began, Part Four - Cover Design, Part Six - Sound Design
to be added