- The Old Rogue serves full English breakfasts.
- The Doctor notes the TARDIS needs a new coat of paint.
- Romana watches The Jeremy Kyle Show at the Old Rogue.
- Arkinen destroyed all sentient life in the Helix nebula "for kicks".
- The Doctor has K9 act as his dentist, noting that "K9 is rather good with, well, canines".
- K9 is sent out of the café and several youths start kicking a football at him and spraying him with paint. K9 shoots the ball, setting it on fire. He stuns several of the youths and a policeman and knocks a police van over, setting it on fire.
- The original café owner, Sid, had his consciousness transferred into Arkinen's body and vice versa.
- Arkinen is an Anarken.
- The Second Doctor and Jamie McCrimmon imprisoned Arkinen on Earth in the hope that he would be rehabilitated.
- Arkinen created an understanding device to destroy planets.
- Ten years before the Fourth Doctor's arrival, the version of the Doctor who visited the Old Rogue was a "cricketer" with a "group of sulky teenagers." Ten years before that, the relevant version of the Doctor was "a tall chap in velvet" accompanied by "a dizzy dolly bird".
to be added
to be added