Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|The Perpetual Bond|
|Main setting:||London, 1966|
|Music:||Richard Fox & Lauren Yason|
|Sound:||Richard Fox & Lauren Yason|
|Cover by:||Simon Holub|
|Release date:||February 2011|
|The Companion Chronicles|
|Peri and the Piscon Paradox||The Forbidden Time|
Publisher's summary Edit
When the TARDIS materialises in a familiar junkyard in the 1960s, the Doctor and Steven are soon embroiled in a mystery in the City of London. Who are the mysterious, bowler-hatted businessmen with their deadly umbrellas? What secret is young Oliver Harper desperately trying to conceal?
Contracts have been signed. A deal is in place. The Doctor discovers that perhaps not even he can stop a terrible business...
The Perpetual Bond (1) Edit
to be added
Fair Trade (2) Edit
to be added
- The Doctor tells Steven that certain parts of London are still in the process of being rebuilt after "some terrible war."
Story notes Edit
- This audio drama was recorded on 27 May 2010.
- Steven recalls the recent deaths of Katarina, Bret Vyon and Sara Kingdom (TV: The Daleks' Master Plan) and the departure of Ian Chesterton and Barbara Wright (TV: The Chase).
- The Doctor returns to I.M. Foreman's junkyard at 76 Totter's Lane for the first time since departing 1963 in the company of Ian, Barbara and his granddaughter Susan Foreman. (TV: An Unearthly Child) He would later do so again in 1963 during his both his fourth and seventh incarnations (PROSE: Those Left Behind, TV: Remembrance of the Daleks) and in 1985 during his sixth incarnation (TV: Attack of the Cybermen). By 2021, Totter's Lane is a commercially zoned area of Shoreditch which is mostly made up of office blocks. A car park has been built on the former location of the junkyard. (AUDIO: The Harvest)
- Steven refers to his previous visit to London in 1912. (AUDIO: The Suffering) He also visited the city in February 1814 (AUDIO: The Suffering) and in March 1965. (TV: The Massacre of St Bartholomew's Eve, PROSE: Salvation)
- The Doctor and Steven previously visited 1966 in the company of Sara Kingdom when the TARDIS materialised in East Berlin during that year. (AUDIO: The Anachronauts)