The Eighth Doctor has come a long way since he regenerated in the morgue of Grace Holloway's hospital. He has known many friends and fast companions in his life — Charley Pollard, C'rizz, Lucie Miller, Tamsin Drew, Molly O'Sullivan, and many more.
Now travelling alone after an intense period in his long life, the Doctor has returned to his most regular haunt... Earth.
to be added
- The Doctor looks through the house for a copy of Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë.
- Josie's paintings that come to life include Ice Warriors, a Cyberman, Krotons and Witherkins.
- The Artificers of Wrall created Animae particles to animate the illuminations in the holy texts.
- The Doctor was once invited to a party on Lumin's World.
- This is the first Titan Comics series to feature a classic series Doctor as the protagonist.
- The exterior appearance of the Doctor's cottage is almost perfectly recreated from a frame in the 1972 comic Zeron Invasion.
- The title is a play on that of The Picture of Dorian Gray.
- It is Titan's second mini-series to focus on a particular incarnation of the Doctor, following Weapons of Past Destruction.
- The summary page lists many of this incarnation's previous companions, including Charley Pollard, C'rizz, Lucie Miller, Tamsin Drew and Molly O'Sullivan, referencing the Big Finish audio series. It states he has travelled alone after an intense period in his life.
- The Doctor's cottage first appeared in COMIC: The Celluloid Midas.
- The Doctor is wearing the same clothes as he is in TV: The Night of the Doctor.
- The Doctor uses his wooden sonic screwdriver. (AUDIO: Fugitives)
- The Doctor intends to meet Charlotte Brontë at some point. He eventually encountered her in his twelfth incarnation. (COMIC: Unearthly Things)
- The Doctor says that humans "amaze" him. (TV: Doctor Who)
- The Doctor asks the alien, "Take me to your leader." (TV: Voyage of the Damned)