The Pirate Loop was the fourteenth Tenth Doctor novel released.
Publisher's summary Edit
The Doctor's been everywhere and everywhen in the whole of the universe and seems to know all the answers. But ask him what happened to the Starship Brilliant and he hasn't the first idea. Did it fall into a sun or black hole? Was it shot down in the first moments of a galactic war? And what's this about a secret experimental drive?
Soon the Doctor learns the awful truth. And Martha learns that you need to be careful what you wish for. She certainly wasn't hoping for mayhem, death and Badger-faced Space Pirates.
to be added
Crew of the Brilliant Edit
- The Doctor refers to the Ood, Monoids and Vocs as slave races and compares them to the badger pirates.
- Mrs Wingsworth's uncle Cecil was a medical consultant to the Yemayan ambassador.
Foods and beverages Edit
- The Doctor orders a Branka juice from the bar.
- The Doctor and Martha visit the Milky-Pink City.
- Martha has the song "Grace Kelly" by Mika on her iPod. Both the Doctor and Martha saw the singer live in Denmark.
- This story was also released as an ebook available from the Amazon Kindle store.
- The entry of the Martha Jones Blog from 1 July mentions these creatures as "the badger-faced pirates."
- Martha regrets throwing the gold sovereign down the well in PROSE: Wishing Well.
- The Doctor uses the helmic regulator. (TV: The Ark in Space, Smith and Jones, Time Crash; AUDIO: Creatures of Beauty)
- The last time Martha had been patronised she had been washing floors in a school. (TV: Human Nature)
Audio release Edit
- An abridged reading of the story was released as an audiobook on 2x CD read by Freema Agyeman.