- You may be looking for the comic in the 2017 Annual.
The Promise was the only comic story published in Free Comic Book Day 2017. It was the first comic released by Titan Publishing Group to feature Bill Potts, and the second overall, being released two days after the publication of the first Doctor Who Magazine comic strip featuring the character.
Publisher's summary Edit
to be added
to be added
- Twelfth Doctor
- Bill Potts
- Ninth Doctor
- Tenth Doctor
- Gabby Gonzalez
- Cindy Wu
- Eleventh Doctor
- Alice Obiefune
- The Sapling
- Plex owned a John Jones bootleg vinyl collection.
- Both the Twelfth Doctor and Plex quote lines from the Monty Python sketch "Dead Parrot".
- To enter Plex's crypt, the Doctor set the passcode to be the "Y.M.C.A." dance. The Twelfth Doctor is shown doing the dance, and the Eleventh Doctor is described as having done it as well.
- Each Doctor's segment is illustrated in a different style.
Original print details Edit
to be added
- The Twelfth Doctor clarifies that the Ninth Doctor visited Plex shortly after regenerating, and that he was running from his old face. (TV: The Day of the Doctor) He also mentions that it was before "the imprisonment" (COMIC: Sin-Eaters) and before Tara. (COMIC: Official Secrets)
- The Ninth Doctor would later comment once again about his new ears after seeing his reflection in Rose Tyler's flat. (TV: Rose)
- The Tenth Doctor uses a psychic link, maintained through touching an individual's temples, to wipe their memories. He'd previously done this to Donna Noble, under dire circumstances, (TV: Journey's End) and would later almost do the same to Bill. (TV: The Pilot)
- The Twelfth Doctor remembers his previous incarnation's chin with fondness, while his tenth incarnation (and several other individuals) previously mocked it. (TV: The Day of the Doctor) The Twelfth Doctor has shown an open approval of his previous appearance before. (TV: The Caretaker)
- The Twelfth Doctor openly refers to regeneration in front of Bill, setting the story after the events of TV: Knock Knock in which he broaches the subject with her for the first time. (The comic was released the same day the episode first aired.)
- The chameleon arch and its associated biodata module are utilised. (TV: Human Nature / The Family of Blood, Utopia)