Publisher's summary Edit
The threads of a plan centuries in the making are coming together. But who is behind this plan? And can anyone possibly escape when history is against them?
Part one Edit
to be added
Part two Edit
to be added
- The Doctor - Tom Baker
- Romana - Lalla Ward
- K9 - John Leeson
- Cuthbert - David Warner
- Mr Dorrick - Toby Hadoke
- Mr Edge - David Troughton
- David Goddard/Oceanic Airforce Commander - John Dorney
- Conglom-Net Computer/Oceanic Airforce Pilot - Lisa Bowerman
- Neville Sanders/Drudger/Ecidien Cerebus Bird/Albert Chatterton/The White Guardian/Salonu Prime - Jez Fielder
- The Laan/Salonu - Jane Slavin
- Conglom-AI - Lisa Bowerman
- The Salonu use nitrogen-rich atmospheres to refuel their ships via nitrogen conversion.
- Cuthbert's train robbery occurs in Yorkshire on 15 November, 1859.
- Miles of heathland were transplanted into the TARDIS.
- The Laan are a spatio-temporal nomadic species.
- When K9 detects an energy stream, the Doctor suggests it's the Laan's space-time spore.
- In 1859, Victoria is on the throne of Great Britain and Ireland and A Tale of Two Cities is published.
- On the 15th of November, 1859, there were exactly 1,000,300,558 human beings on Earth.
- The Oortag Leader, more commonly referred to as "Oortag," is an Oortag. The Conglomerate helps them with healthcare and education.
- Romana arrives on space platform 237, which is part of the 552,000 space platforms that make up the time engine. The time engine powers the Quantum Gateway which sustains the Conglomerate.
- Cuthbert plans to irradiate tritonium in 1859, making it valuable by 2059.
- In AD 2059, the Oceanic States, suffering from under-investments in healthcare, education, and defense, is part of the "volatile international situation" with the Asiatic States.
- The Time Lords are the most powerful time sensitive race the universe has ever known.
- Romana describes a causal loop, or causal historical loop, as a self-sustaining historical paradox.
to be added
- K9 and Romana locate the avian life form in the TARDIS. (AUDIO: The Sands of Life, The Trouble with Drax)
- The Ecidien Cerebus Bird repeats "About time I found something better to do than run round after the Brigadier" (TV: Pyramids of Mars) and "I'm afraid it's none of my business. I suggest you leave here." (TV: An Unearthly Child)
- Romana refers to the miles of heathland and the Bird as being "at the heart of the TARDIS." (TV: Terminus, Doctor Who)
- The Doctor checks the helmic regulator. (TV: The Ark in Space)
- The Doctor and Romana previously encountered Cuthbert, the Conglomerate, and the Quantum Gateway in the Proxima System. (AUDIO: The Dalek Contract/The Final Phase)
- They previously encountered the Laan when they first met Cuthbert, and a Laan once again calls to Romana. (AUDIO: The Sands of Life/War Against the Laan)
- The Doctor overrides the randomiser. (TV: City of Death, The Creature from the Pit, AUDIO: The Trouble with Drax)
- The planet Vulcan was discovered in 1859. (TV: The Power of the Daleks)
- K9 assimilated information from the Bi-Al Foundation genealogical datebase. (TV: The Invisible Enemy)
- There is a "volatile international situation" between two powers. (TV: Warriors of the Deep)