|The Pyralis Effect|
|Main enemy:||The Pyralis|
|Publisher:||Big Finish Productions|
|Music:||Richard Fox & Lauren Yason|
|Sound:||Richard Fox & Lauren Yason|
|Read by:||Lalla Ward|
|Cover by:||Iain Robertson|
|Release date:||October 2009|
|The Companion Chronicles|
|The Prisoner of Peladon||Ringpullworld|
Publisher's summary Edit
Long ago, the planet Pavonis IV was saved from certain destruction by the Doctor. Now it is dead, laid waste by environmental catastrophe, but a few survivors and their precious race bank survive on the starship Myriad. Their mission: to scour the universe for the fabled dimensionally transcendental obelisk in which their saviour travels, and persuade him to save their world again.
As the TARDIS arrives, by chance, on the Myriad, the Fourth Doctor and Romana are just in time to see the crew achieve their goal. Or so they think... Death stalks the corridors of the ship, the artificial intelligence CAIN has lost control, and a force is about to be unleashed that threatens the entire galaxy.
to be added
- The Pyralis were imprisoned after a hundred year war with another race. The "gateways" to their prison are scattered around an area of space near Kasterborous.
- The people of Pavonis IV remember the Doctor being an old man with white hair and three companions.
- Along with AUDIO: The Beautiful People, this is one of only two appearances of K9 Mark II in The Companion Chronicles.
- This audio drama was recorded on 4 June 2009.
- This story takes place before TV: The Horns of Nimon as Romana says "who needs a sonic screwdriver?" and would later make her own in Horns.
- The Myriad has a race bank. (TV: The Hand of Fear, Underworld)
- The TARDIS's arrival onboard the Myriad was chosen by the randomiser. (TV: The Armageddon Factor)
- Romana isn't sure she wants to return home yet, but would later be called back to Gallifrey (TV: Meglos) before accidentally entering E-Space. (TV: Full Circle)