- You may be looking for the titular being.
Publisher's summary Edit
"Hear me, Lord of Time. We are a vengeful people. Our reach is infinite and our patience eternal. For your actions, we will have vengeance. And the vengeance of the Chronovores is terror beyond imagining."
Five thousand years ago, the Priest-Kings of Atlantis attempted to enslave Kronos, greatest of the Chronovores. They failed, with catastrophic results. Thirty years ago, the Master sought to do the same, and barely escaped with his life.
London, 2003: torn apart by tragedy, the Doctor and Mel have gone their separate ways, only to find their paths crossing once more. While the Doctor tries to stop an old friend from making a terrible mistake, Mel is horrified to learn that her best friend has fallen under the influence of the Master.
As the Master desperately tries to defend himself against the power of Kronos, the Doctor and Mel must overcome their differences. If they don't, the Quantum Archangel will be triumphant. And if she is, nothing in the Universe will ever be the same again.
to be added
Astronomical objects Edit
- The Doctor and Stuart are flung to the Virgo Cluster.
The Doctor Edit
- The Doctor spent "decades" during the latter part of his second incarnation on the planet Darron, learning the psychic techniques of the Mind Monks.
- Stattenheim and Waldorf created working plans for a TARDIS during the sixteenth century.
- The Eternal known as Elektra mated with the Chronovore Prometheus in order to conceive Kronos to lead the Chronovores against the Great Old One known as Nyarlathotep, whom Elektra feared.
- The Master uses the alias "Branko Gospodar".
- Stuart is now Emeritus Professor of Physics at West London University.
- The Master is fleeing from a disastrous alliance with the Krotons.
- The Master still has the Chronovores pursuing him after the Atlantis incident.
- The Chronovores are composed of non-baryonic matter. In their natural forms they are six-dimensional polymorphic lattices of photinos and chronons bound together with super-strings.
- The Source of Traken has exhausted its energy, and he's now looking for a way to achieve immortality and simultaneously destroy all the Chronovores.
- This is a sequel to the television story The Time Monster.
- For the Master this is after the television story The Ultimate Foe.
- The Master recalls the Deca, specifically the Rani, the Monk and Drax. (PROSE: Divided Loyalties)
- Mel's alternate timeline features a Third Doctor who never escaped his exile and makes reference to defeating a Cybermen fleet with a trap in 1989 (TV: Silver Nemesis).
- When contemplating supercomputers that the Archangel might 'recruit', the Doctor tentatively identifies the Matrix, the Conscience of Marinus (TV: The Keys of Marinus), Xoanon (TV: The Face of Evil), and remembers Logopolis (TV: Logopolis).
- The Millennium War features races such as the Dæmons (TV: The Dæmons), the Osirans (TV: Pyramids of Mars), the Euterpians (PROSE: Invasion of the Cat-People), the Greld (PROSE: The Empire of Glass)- the last two using the Semquess (PROSE: The Eye of the Giant) engineering and the power of the Omnethoth (PROSE: The Fall of Yquatine)- the Kastrians (TV: |The Hand of Fear), the Exxilons (TV: Death to the Daleks), the Sontarans and the Rutans, the early Time Lords led by Rassilon, and Faction Paradox.
- The Discontinuity Guide to: The Quantum Archangel at The Whoniverse
- The Cloister Library: The Quantum Archangel