The Red Lady was the second audio story in the anthology Doom Coalition 1. It starred Paul McGann as the Eighth Doctor, Nicola Walker as Liv Chenka and introduced Hattie Morahan as new companion Helen Sinclair.
Publisher's summary Edit
An anomaly in time brings the Doctor and Liv to London in the 1960s, where they meet a young lady named Helen Sinclair — desperately trying to make a name for herself in the face of sexism and prejudice.
Whilst the Doctor tried to uncover the secrets of a mysterious artefact, a far deadlier mystery awaits Liv and Helen in the collection of a recently deceased antiquarian.
Because that's where they find the Red Lady. Because if you do, you might not like what you see.
to be added
- The Doctor - Paul McGann
- Liv Chenka - Nicola Walker
- Helen Sinclair - Hattie Morahan
- The Red Lady/Rachel - Caroline Langrishe
- Walter Pritchett - David Yelland
- Albert Kennedy/Professor - John Voce
- Liv misquotes "discretion might be the better part of valour", which the Doctor says is a line from Shakespeare.
- Musicians such as Billy Fury, Tommy Steele and Tom Jones are popular in this period.
- A man speaking to Helen says the New Wave is becoming less popular, citing This Sporting Life as a film he dislikes. He prefers From Russia with Love.
- The Doctor refers to Steve Jobs as an individual who devised a way of recording things on "a tablet".
- This story was recorded at The Moat Studios.
- The story won the 2016 Scribe Award for the best tie-in fiction in the category "Audio".
- In the behind the scenes extras, producer David Richardson cites Verity Lambert as a source of inspiration for the character of Helen Sinclair, something acknowledged in the setting of the story being 1963.
- Liv remembers Martin Donaldson. (AUDIO: A Life in the Day)
- The Doctor reminds Liv that she has previously visited London in the 1920s and 1970s. (AUDIO: A Life in the Day, Eyes of the Master)
- The Doctor says he has lived in 1963 several times before. (TV: An Unearthly Child, PROSE: Time and Relative) In this particular incarnation he spent a period of time trapped on Earth in the 20th century, and would have lived through 1963. (PROSE: Casualties of War, The Turing Test, Endgame, Father Time)
- The Doctor and Liv return to the Doctor's house at 107 Baker Street. (AUDIO: The Haunting of Thomas Brewster, Fugitives, The White Room, Eyes of the Master)
- Although the Doctor and Liv never discover this, the Red Lady is eventually revealed to be Caleera. (AUDIO: Stop the Clock)