|The Red Lady|
|Main enemy:||The Red Lady|
|Main setting:||London, 1963|
|Publisher:||Big Finish Productions|
|Cover by:||Tom Webster|
|Part of:||Doom Coalition 1|
|Release date:||12 October 2015|
|Format:||1 X 1 hour|
|The Eleven||The Galileo Trap|
Publisher's summary Edit
An anomaly in time brings the Doctor and Liv to London in the 1960s, where they meet a young lady named Helen Sinclair — desperately trying to make a name for herself in the face of sexism and prejudice.
Whilst the Doctor tried to uncover the secrets of a mysterious artefact, a far deadlier mystery awaits Liv and Helen in the collection of a recently deceased antiquarian.
Because that's where they find the Red Lady. Because if you do, you might not like what you see.
to be added
- The Doctor - Paul McGann
- Liv Chenka - Nicola Walker
- Helen Sinclair - Hattie Morahan
- The Red Lady/Rachel - Caroline Langrishe
- Walter Pritchett - David Yelland
- Albert Kennedy/Professor - John Voce
- Liv misquotes "discretion might be the better part of valour", which the Doctor says is a line from Shakespeare.
- Musicians such as Billy Fury, Tommy Steele and Tom Jones are popular in this period.
- A man speaking to Helen says the New Wave is becoming less popular, citing This Sporting Life as a film he dislikes. He prefers From Russia with Love.
- The Doctor refers to Steve Jobs as an individual who devised a way of recording things on "a tablet".
- This story was recorded at The Moat Studios.
- In the behind the scenes extras, producer David Richardson cites Verity Lambert as a source of inspiration for the character of Helen Sinclair, something acknowledged in the setting of the story being 1963.
- Liv remembers Martin Donaldson. (AUDIO: A Life in the Day)
- The Doctor reminds Liv that she has previously visited London in the 1920s and 1970s. (AUDIO: A Life in the Day, Eyes of the Master)
- The Doctor says he has lived in 1963 several times before. (TV: An Unearthly Child, PROSE: Time and Relative) In this particular incarnation he spent a period of time trapped on Earth in the 20th century, and would have lived through 1963. (PROSE: Casualties of War, The Turing Test, Endgame, Father Time)
- The Doctor and Liv return to the Doctor's house at 107 Baker Street. (AUDIO: The Haunting of Thomas Brewster, Fugitives, The White Room, Eyes of the Master)