|The Reign of Terror|
|Based on:||The Reign of Terror|
|Companion(s):||Susan, Barbara, Ian|
|Main enemy:||Leon Colbert|
|Main setting:||Paris, France, July 1794|
|Publisher:||Target Books, W.H. Allen|
|Release date:||20 August 1987|
|Format:||Hardcover and paperback editions; 12 Chapters, 160 Pages|
|The Sensorites||Planet of Giants|
Publisher's summary Edit
Who is James Stirling? What world-shattering events are being discussed in a deserted inn off the Calais road?
And can the Doctor and his friends escape a violent and bloody death at the dreaded guillotine?
Chapter titles Edit
- So Near And So Far
- Under Siege
- Prisoners of the People
- The Diggers
- The Tyrant Of France
- Betrayal Everywhere
- Illusions Shattered
- A Hard Bargain
- A Glimpse Of Things To Come
- Escaping From History
Deviations from televised story Edit
to be added
Story notes Edit
- The cover and information on the right are for the original Target edition. It featured the artwork of Tony Masero. (See below for information on editions with different covers).
Writing and publishing notes Edit
- The novel was one of several completed by Ian Marter shortly before his death in October 1986. It was published posthumously.
Additional cover images Edit
to be added
British publication history Edit
- Hardback (March 1987)
- W.H.Allen & Co. Ltd. UK ISBN:0491037023, copies priced £7.50 (UK))
- Paperback (August 1987)
- Target / W.H. Allen & Co. Ltd. Single paperback edition, estimated print run: 32,500, priced £1.95 (UK).