|The Renaissance Man|
|Main setting:||The Morovanian Museum, Morovania Minor|
|Publisher:||Big Finish Productions|
|Cover by:||Marcus at Amazing15|
|Release date:||February 2012|
|Format:||1 CD - 2 parts|
|Fourth Doctor Adventures|
|Destination: Nerva||The Wrath of the Iceni|
The Renaissance Man was the second story in the first series of Fourth Doctor Adventures.
Publisher's summary Edit
To continue Leela's education, the Doctor promises to take her to the famous Morovanian Museum. But the TARDIS lands instead in a quiet English village, where they meet the enigmatic collector Harcourt and his family.
When people start to die, reality doesn't appear quite what it was. There's something sinister going on within the walls of Harcourt's manor, and the stakes are higher than they can imagine.
The Doctor is about to discover that a little knowledge can be a dangerous thing.
to be added
- The Doctor - Tom Baker
- Leela - Louise Jameson
- Reginald Harcourt - Ian McNeice
- Jephson - Gareth Armstrong
- Christopher Manners - Anthony Howell
- Lizzie Harcourt - Daisy Ashford
- Beryl / Professor Hilda Lutterthwaite - Laura Molyneux
- Dr. Henry Carnforth - John Dorney
- The Doctor intends to bring Leela to the Morovanian Museum on Morovania Minor, "the greatest collection of Earth artefacts in the known universe", to further her education about humanity.
- The Doctor compares himself to the Lone Ranger.
- The Doctor mentions the TARDIS's gravitic drift compensator.
- Henry tries to tell Reginald about James of Saint George.
- This audio drama was recorded on 17 August 2011.
- This story was first broadcast on BBC Radio 4 Extra on 23 May 2015 as an hour long compilation of the two episodes, with opening and closing credits read by presenter Toby Hadoke.
- Leela refers to her visit to London in 1889. (TV: The Talons of Weng-Chiang)
- Leela mentions that she once fired a revolver at a dragon. (TV: The Talons of Weng-Chiang)
- Leela refers to crushing baby Horda. (TV: The Face of Evil)
- Leela once again refers to policemen as "blue guards" (TV: The Talons of Weng-Chiang, AUDIO: The Foe from the Future) and mentions the surveillance devices used by Xoanon to monitor the Tesh on her native planet. (TV: The Face of Evil)
- When Leela asks if the Doctor has felt the pain of having his tooth pulled, he replies, "Not with these teeth." The First Doctor had his tooth pulled by Doc Holliday. (TV: The Gunfighters)
- Official The Renaissance Man page at bigfinish.com
- DisContinuity for The Renaissance Man at Tetrapyriarbus - The DisContinuity Guide