Publisher's summary Edit
The pioneers who used to be drawn by the hope of making a fortune from the mines can find easier picking elsewhere. But they still come, for the romance of it, or in the hope of finding the lost treasure of Hamlek Glint — scourge of the spaceways, privateer, adventurer, bandit...
Will the TARDIS ever work again? Is Glint's lost treasure waiting to be found? And does the fabled Resurrection Casket — the key to eternal life — really exist? With the help of new friends, and facing terrifying enemies, the Doctor and Rose aim to find out...
to be added
- Tenth Doctor
- Rose Tyler
- Hamlek Glint
- Salvo 7-50
- Drel McCavity
to be added
- There are some instances where Jimm is misspelled "Jim".
- Later reprints of this book removed the image of Billie Piper from the cover, presumably due to use-of-likeness issues after she had left the programme.
- This story was also released as an ebook available from the Amazon Kindle store.
- The Doctor has everlasting matches which the First Doctor also had (and claimed to have invented) in PROSE: Doctor Who in an Exciting Adventure with the Daleks. The Tenth Doctor explains how they work whereas the First Doctor does not.
- Trisilicate was the mineral in TV: The Monster of Peladon.
- The psychic paper first appeared in TV: Rose.
- Rose remembers that the Ninth Doctor blew up her job when they first met, (TV: Rose) then took her to see her sun blow up (TV: The End of the World) and then her government was blown up too. (TV: World War Three)
- The Third Doctor also faced a similar situation where his TARDIS refused to function in the presence of a technology inhibiting force, while on the planet Exxilon. (TV: Death to the Daleks)
- The Doctor makes a remark about not getting a five-million-mile factory warranty on New Earth. (TV: New Earth)
Audio release Edit
- An abridged reading of the story was released as an audiobook on 2x CD read by David Tennant.
- The Discontinuity Guide to: The Resurrection Casket at The Whoniverse
- The Cloister Library: The Resurrection Casket