The Resurrection Casket was the third Tenth Doctor novel in the BBC New Series Adventures series. It was released on 13 April 2006, just two days before the first episode of David Tennant's first series was aired.
Publisher's summary Edit
The pioneers who used to be drawn by the hope of making a fortune from the mines can find easier picking elsewhere. But they still come, for the romance of it, or in the hope of finding the lost treasure of Hamlek Glint — scourge of the spaceways, privateer, adventurer, bandit...
Will the TARDIS ever work again? Is Glint's lost treasure waiting to be found? And does the fabled Resurrection Casket — the key to eternal life — really exist? With the help of new friends, and facing terrifying enemies, the Doctor and Rose aim to find out...
to be added
- Tenth Doctor
- Rose Tyler
- Hamlek Glint
- Salvo 7-50
- Drel McCavity
to be added
- There are some instances where Jimm is misspelled "Jim".
- Later reprints of this book removed the image of Billie Piper from the cover, presumably due to use-of-likeness issues after she had left the programme.
- This story was also released as an ebook available from the Amazon Kindle store.
- The Doctor has everlasting matches which the First Doctor also had (and claimed to have invented) in PROSE: Doctor Who in an Exciting Adventure with the Daleks. The Tenth Doctor explains how they work whereas the First Doctor does not.
- Trisilicate was the mineral in TV: The Monster of Peladon.
- The psychic paper first appeared in TV: Rose.
- Rose remembers that the Ninth Doctor blew up her job when they first met, (TV: Rose) then took her to see her sun blow up (TV: The End of the World) and then her government was blown up too. (TV: World War Three)
- The Third Doctor also faced a similar situation where his TARDIS refused to function in the presence of a technology inhibiting force, while on the planet Exxilon. (TV: Death to the Daleks)
- The Doctor makes a remark about not getting a five-million-mile factory warranty on New Earth. (TV: New Earth)
Audio release Edit
- An abridged reading of the story was released as an audiobook on 2x CD read by David Tennant.
- The Discontinuity Guide to: The Resurrection Casket at The Whoniverse
- The Cloister Library: The Resurrection Casket