Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Main enemy:||The Marsh-Wains|
|Main setting:||Hoy, Orkney, 1956, Orkney Ferry, 2012|
|Publisher:||Big Finish Productions|
|Read by:||William Russell, Sharon Small|
|Release date:||31 May 2012|
|Format:||two episodes in MP3 digital download|
|The Companion Chronicles|
- You may be looking for the Short Trips short story.
Publisher's summary Edit
Decades earlier: the TARDIS lands on Orkney and Ian and Barbara are abandoned when the Doctor and his ship vanish in front of their eyes. As the pair head for civilisation, something is stirring in the treacherous bog lands.
Only the ancient Wissfornjarl can protect them...
The Marsh-Wains (1) Edit
to be added
The Wissfornjarl (2) Edit
to be added
- Ian refers to Sherlock Holmes and The Hound of the Baskervilles.
- Janet McKay is a witch.
- Janet refers to Ragnarok, the final battle between the gods of good and evil at the end of the world in Norse mythology.
- Janet tells Ian and Barbara that Hoy is protected by Wissfornjarl.
- Over the course of the last few years, the Doctor has collected books on numerous different subjects, including Gulliver's Travels and Don Quixote.
- Ian attempts to convince Barbara to stay with him in 1956 and live under assumed names until they can resume their old lives in 1963.
- The Revenants was available to readers of Doctor Who Magazine who went to the Big Finish website and entered a code to be found within the magazine. The digital download offer was only available from June to October 2012. (DWM 448)
- Doctor Who Magazine listed the offer's expiration date as 31 August 2012. However, it was pointed out that overseas delivery of the magazine could be very slow, so the deadline was extended to 31 October 2012. (Big Finish Podcast, 18 July 2012, 34:00)
- Ian tells Jeannie how he and Barbara came to be aboard the TARDIS. (TV: An Unearthly Child)
- Ian mentions that Susan had recently left the TARDIS after falling in love with David Campbell in the 22nd century. (TV: The Dalek Invasion of Earth)
- Ian refers to the fact that he once came across a sea of acid on Marinus. (TV: The Keys of Marinus)
- Barbara refers to their visits to Salem Village, Massachusetts in 1692 and 1693 (PROSE: The Witch Hunters) and Mexico in the 15th century (TV: The Aztecs).
- The Doctor reminds Ian that they have encountered beings with psychic abilities before, namely the Sensorites on the Sense Sphere in the 28th century. (TV: The Sensorites)
- The Doctor has read Gulliver's Travels. During his second incarnation, he would meet its protagonist Lemuel Gulliver in the Land of Fiction. (TV: The Mind Robber)