Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|The Revenge of the Cybermen|
|Main setting:||Nerva Beacon and Voga, the 30th century|
|Publisher:||Target Books, W.H. Allen, Pinnacle Books|
|Cover by:||Chris Achilleos|
|Release date:||20 May 1976|
|Format:||Hardcover and paperback editions; 13 Chapters, 128 Pages|
|Doctor Who and the Genesis of the Daleks||Doctor Who and the Loch Ness Monster|
Publisher's summary Edit
1976 edition Edit
A mysterious plague strikes Space Beacon Nerva, killing its victims within minutes. When DOCTOR WHO lands, only four humans remain alive. One of these seems to be in league with the nearby planet of gold, Voga ... Or is he in fact working for the dreaded CYBERMEN, who are now determined to finally destroy their old enemies, the VOGANS?
Chapter Titles Edit
- The Creation of the Cybermen
- Return to Peril
- The Cybermat Strikes
- A Hot Spot for the Doctor
- A Visit to Voga
- Attack of the Cybermen
- The Living Bombs
- Journey into Peril
- Countdown on Voga
- 'The Biggest Bang in History'
Deviations from televised story Edit
- Magrik survives the story.
- The Vogans needed humanity to build the glittergun because their gold is useless against the Cybermen otherwise.
- The Cybermen in the novelisation are portrayed as they appeared in TV: The Invasion, with their helmet weapons replaced by rifles described as: "plain foot-long metal rods with white cylinders on the end."
- An epilogue features the Doctor, Harry and Sarah setting course for Loch Ness. (TV: Terror of the Zygons)
Writing and publishing notes Edit
- The inside page includes the comments: "THE CHANGING FACE OF DOCTOR WHO. The cover illustration of this book portrays the fourth DOCTOR WHO"
- At the story's close, Sarah's question “I wonder why the Brigadier's calling us for somewhere near Loch Ness?” there is an asterix that leads to “You can discover the answer in `Doctor Who and the Loch Ness Monster'.
- The first edition gives the title on the cover as Doctor Who - The Revenge of the Cybermen, but as Doctor Who and the Revenge of the Cybermen on the inside front page. Later editions use the latter title on the cover.
Additional cover images Edit
British publication history Edit
- W.H. Allen & Co. Ltd. UK
Editions published outside Britain Edit
to be added