Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|The Room With No Doors|
|Main setting:||Japan, 1560|
|Release date:||20 February 1997|
|Format:||Paperback Book; 30 Chapters, 256 Pages|
|Virgin New Adventures|
The Room With No Doors was the fifty-ninth Virgin New Adventures novel. It was the second-last novel in the New Adventures series to feature the Seventh Doctor. It was the last novel to feature just the Seventh Doctor and Chris Cwej pairing.
Publisher's summary Edit
"Dear Doctor," wrote Chris, "I give up."
Swordplay, samurai, demons, magic, aliens, adventure, excitement... Who needs them?
The Doctor and Chris travel to 16th-century Japan, a country gripped by civil war as feudal lords vie for control. Anything could tip the balance of power. So when a god falls out of the sky, everyone wants it. villagers are healed and crops grow far too fast, the Doctor and Chris try to find the secret of the miracles — before the two rival armies can start a war over who owns the god. Chris soon finds himself alone — except for an alien slaver, a time-travelling Victorian inventor, a gang of demons, an old friend with suspicious motives, a village full of innocent bystanders, and several thousand samurai.
Without the Doctor, someone has to take up the challenge of adventure and stop the god from falling into the wrong hands. Someone has to be a hero — but Chris isn't sure he wants to be a hero any more.
to be added
- Seventh Doctor
- Chris Cwej
- Penelope Gate
- Joel Mintz (Joel Andrew Mintz)
- Te Yene Rana
- Gufuu Kocho
- Regeneration was never meant to be an emergency procedure.
- Caxtarid mining corporations have strip mined several worlds.
- The death of Liz Shaw weighs heavy on Chris.
- The Doctor is President of the Intergalactic Flora Society.
- The Caxatrid's home world is the fourth planet of Lalande 21185.
Time travel Edit
- Penelope Gate's time machine has a Tzun battery powering it.
- In a sequence cut from this novel, Wolsey was to have succumbed to the dreams plaguing Chris, meeting three other cats in the TARDIS: black, white and red, representing the three gods of Gallifrey. They are joined by the rose-woman later to appear in Lungbarrow.
- Joel Mintz first met the Doctor and Chris in PROSE: Return of the Living Dad.
- The Doctor ends this novel thinking about his next of kin and family, leading into PROSE: Lungbarrow.
- Liz Shaw is mentioned. She died in the previous story PROSE: Eternity Weeps.
- The Discontinuity Guide to: The Room With No Doors at The Whoniverse
- The Cloister Library: The Room With No Doors