Publisher's summary Edit
The pathology skills of Professor Litefoot and Dr Sacker are called upon by Lord Ruthven, who asks them to catalogue a cache of bones beneath his country estate. And so begins the endgame... as a plan long laid come to its glorious fruition.
to be added
- Henry Gordon Jago - Christopher Benjamin
- George Litefoot - Trevor Baxter
- Leela - Louise Jameson
- Ellie Higson - Lisa Bowerman
- Doctor Ormond Sacker - Duncan Wisbey
- Gabriel Sanders - David Collings
- Lord Ruthven - Simon Williams
- Mrs Hudson erroneously believes that Litefoot can get tickets for the two of them to one of Queen Victoria's garden parties.
- Jago owes 500 guineas to the bank.
- Dr Sacker used to play rugby.
Story notes Edit
- This story marks the death of Professor Litefoot's fellow pathologist, Dr Ormond Sacker (Duncan Wisbey).
- This story marks the first time that Jago and Litefoot have met Leela since the events of TV: The Talons of Weng-Chiang.
- This audio drama was recorded on 25, 26, 29 and 30 March 2010.
- Jago refers to the fact that Ellie killed Sibelius Crow. (AUDIO: The Necropolis Express)
- Jago believes that Mrs Hudson has Litefoot in her sights. Litefoot himself previously expressed the same concern. (AUDIO: The Similarity Engine)
- Litefoot refers to his work as a forensic pathology lecturer at St Thomas' Hospital. (AUDIO: The Mahogany Murderers)
- Litefoot mentions his time in China. (TV: The Talons of Weng-Chiang)
- There are reports of lights underneath the River Thames and strange wet footprints on the docks. (AUDIO: Dead Men's Tales)
- Litefoot and Leela once again discuss tea. (TV: The Talons of Weng-Chiang)