- You may wish to consult
Sandmanfor other, similarly-named pages.
The Sandman was the thirty-seventh monthly Doctor Who audio story produced by Big Finish Productions it was released in 2002. It featured the Sixth Doctor played by Colin Baker and Evelyn Smythe played by Maggie Stables. This story introduced the Clutch and the Galyari to the Doctor Who universe.
Publisher's summary Edit
The Clutch is a fleet in constant motion, ships jostling for position, in an endless migration between the stars. For the Galyari, forbidden by an ancient curse from settling on a world ever again, the Clutch is home. But the curse travels with them...
The Sandman, a figure of myth and folk-lore, preys on the young and old alike. He lurks in the shadows and it is death to look upon him.
The Sandman, according to the tales, also goes by the name of the Doctor...
to be added
- The Doctor - Colin Baker
- Evelyn Smythe - Maggie Stables
- Director Nrosha - Anneke Wills
- General Voshkar - Ian Hogg
- Mr Mordecan - Robin Bowerman
- Nintaru - Stephanie Colburn
- Orchestrator Shol - Mark Donovan
- Commander Brel - Mark Wharton
- The Doctor narrates some parts of the story.
- This audio story was recorded on 4 and 5 March 2002 at The Moat Studios.
- Anneke Wills (Director Nrosha) also played the First and Second Doctor companion Polly Wright.
- Ian Hogg (General Voshkar) also played Josiah Samuel Smith in TV: Ghost Light.
- Stephanie Colburn (Nintaru) played the Doctor's companion Zog in the stage play The Ultimate Adventure.
- AUDIO: The Bone of Contention takes place on the Clutch prior to the events of this story. The Galyari and Mordecan appear in both stories.
- Official The Sandman page at bigfinish.com; note that it is out of print and is available as download only.
- DisContinuity for The Sandman at Tetrapyriarbus - The DisContinuity Guide