|The Sands of Life|
|Main setting:||The Sahara Desert, Africa|
|Publisher:||Big Finish Productions|
|Cover by:||Alex Mallinson|
|Release date:||11 February 2013|
|Format:||1 CD, 3 Parts|
|Fourth Doctor Adventures|
|The Auntie Matter||War Against the Laan|
|The Sands of Life|
The Sands of Life was the second story in the second series of Fourth Doctor Adventures. This story was told across two separate releases this and the following War Against the Laan. This was the first audio story to feature the line up of the Tom Baker, Mary Tamm and John Leeson, playing the Fourth Doctor, Romana I and K9 Mark II, respectively.
Publisher's summary Edit
Meanwhile, the Doctor and Romana encounter a mass of aliens heading to Earth... Aliens who have already made the mistake of upsetting the infamous Cuthbert, all-powerful CEO of The Conglomerate, by destroying one of his space platforms.
Will the Doctor and Romana be able to avert inter-species war that will destroy all life on Earth?
to be added
- The Doctor - Tom Baker
- Romana I - Mary Tamm
- K9 Mark II - John Leeson
- President Moorkurk - Hayley Atwell
- Cuthbert - David Warner
- Mr Dorrick - Toby Hadoke
- The Laan - Jane Slavin
- General Vincent/Air Traffic Control - Duncan Wisbey
- Bob Caveer - Nicholas Briggs
- Soldier - Beth Chalmers
- Soldier - John Dorney
- The Doctor tells Romana that having the TARDIS Instruction Manual quoted to him was bad for his concentration.
- The Laan can navigate through the Time Vortex.
- The Doctor mistakenly calls Romana Leela and K9 Sarah.
- The office of President of Earth was established 75 years ago.
- Silesia is a region on Earth.
- Unusually this story is in three parts, very few of Big Finish Productions' stories are told across three parts.
- This audio drama was recorded on 9 June 2011 at Audio Sorcery, The Moat Studios.
- The parrot would remain in the TARDIS until at least the Doctor's eighth incarnation. (AUDIO: The Light at the End)
- After being affected by time slippage caused by the passage of the Laan through the Time Vortex, K9 was not repaired for more than a month. (AUDIO: The Justice of Jalxar, Phantoms of the Deep)
- The Doctor's line "If someone who knew the future pointed out a child to you and told you that that child would grow up totally evil, to be a ruthless dictator who would destroy millions of lives, could you then kill that child?" originates from TV: Genesis of the Daleks.