|The Sands of Life|
|Main setting:||The Sahara Desert, Africa|
|Publisher:||Big Finish Productions|
|Cover by:||Alex Mallinson|
|Release date:||11 February 2013|
|Format:||1 CD, 3 Parts|
|The Fourth Doctor Adventures|
|The Auntie Matter||War Against the Laan|
|The Sands of Life|
Publisher's summary Edit
Meanwhile, the Doctor and Romana encounter a mass of aliens heading to Earth... Aliens who have already made the mistake of upsetting the infamous Cuthbert, all-powerful CEO of The Conglomerate, by destroying one of his space platforms.
Will the Doctor and Romana be able to avert inter-species war that will destroy all life on Earth?
to be added
- The Doctor - Tom Baker
- Romana I - Mary Tamm
- K9 Mark II - John Leeson
- President Moorkurk - Hayley Atwell
- Cuthbert - David Warner
- Mr Dorrick - Toby Hadoke
- The Laan - Jane Slavin
- General Vincent/Air Traffic Control - Duncan Wisbey
- Bob Caveer - Nicholas Briggs
- Soldier - Beth Chalmers
- Soldier - John Dorney
- The Doctor tells Romana that having the TARDIS Instruction Manual quoted to him was bad for his concentration.
- The Laan can navigate through the Time Vortex.
- The Doctor mistakenly calls Romana Leela and K9 Sarah.
- The office of President of Earth was established 75 years ago.
- Unusually this story is in three parts, very few of Big Finish Productions' stories are told across three parts.
- This audio drama was recorded on 9 June 2011 at Audio Sorcery, The Moat Studios.
- The parrot would remain in the TARDIS until at least the Doctor's eighth incarnation. (AUDIO: The Light at the End)
- After being affected by time slippage caused by the passage of the Laan through the Time Vortex, K9 was not repaired for more than a month. (AUDIO: The Justice of Jalxar, Phantoms of the Deep)
- The Doctor's line "If someone who knew the future pointed out a child to you and told you that that child would grow up totally evil, to be a ruthless dictator who would destroy millions of lives, could you then kill that child?" originates from TV: Genesis of the Daleks.