|The Sentinels of the New Dawn|
|Main enemy:||Sentinels of the New Dawn|
|Main setting:||Cambridge, the 1970s and 2014|
|Music:||Richard Fox & Lauren Yason|
|Sound:||Richard Fox & Lauren Yason|
|Cover by:||Alex Mallinson|
|Release date:||April 2011|
|The Companion Chronicles|
|The Forbidden Time||Ferril's Folly|
Publisher's summary Edit
Some time after leaving UNIT, Liz Shaw calls the Doctor to Cambridge University, where scientists are experimenting with time dilation. The device hurls them to the year 2014 and a meeting with Richard Beauregard, heir to the Beauregard estate.
Yet there's something rotten at the core of this family... The seeds of a political movement that believes in a new world order.
The Sentinels of the New Dawn are stirring and its malign influence will be felt for centuries to come...
to be added
- According to Liz, the Doctor and the Brigadier had a strong professional friendship but were poles apart philosophically. They seemingly never socialised during her time with UNIT.
- This audio drama was recorded on 18 May 2010.
- The New Dawn planned to create an Ebola epidemic in 2014. Coincidentally, in the real world there was a large Ebola outbreak in that year.
- The Sixth Doctor and his companion Peri Brown would later encounter the Sentinels of the New Dawn. (AUDIO: Leviathan)
- Liz makes reference to the Silurians (TV: Doctor Who and the Silurians), the Mim (AUDIO: Shadow of the Past), the Mars Probe 7 Incident (TV: The Ambassadors of Death) and the Doctor's latest companion Jo Grant, with whom he was not "initially enamoured". (TV: Terror of the Autons)
- Official The Sentinels of the New Dawn page at bigfinish.com
- The Sentinels of the New Dawn at the Doctor Who Reference Guide