Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Main enemy:||Oliver Cromwell|
|Main setting:||Drogheda and Wexford, Ireland, September 1649|
|Publisher:||Big Finish Productions|
|Post production:||David Darlington|
|Cover by:||Lee Binding|
|Release date:||May 2006|
|Format:||4 Episodes on 2 CDs|
|Big Finish Doctor Who audio stories|
|The Kingmaker||Something Inside|
Publisher's summary Edit
Having brought the army belonging to the Parliament of England before this place, to reduce it to obedience, to the end effusion of blood may be prevented, I thought fit to summon you to deliver the same into my hands to their use.
If this be refused, you will have no cause to blame me.
I expect your answer and rest your servant.
to be added
- The Doctor - Sylvester McCoy
- Ace - Sophie Aldred
- Hex - Philip Olivier
- Oliver Cromwell - Clive Mantle
- Doctor Goddard - Roger Parrott
- Kieran Fitzgerald/James Fitzgerald - Hugh Lee
- Mary Fitzgerald - Clare Cathcart
- Colonel Sinnott - Ian Brooker
The Doctor Edit
- The Doctor has met Peter Chamberlen, the inventor of the obstetric forceps.
- Hex learned of Cromwell's atrocities in Ireland from his maternal grandmother Hilda Schofield.
- Ace claims to have learned everything that she knows about fencing from the captain of Cleopatra's guards.
- Ace was named "Dorothy" because her mother Audrey was a fan of The Wizard of Oz, as is the Doctor.
- The TARDIS library has lemon trees in it near the Doctor's collection of Ladybird books.
- Ace tells Hex that she has gleaned enough information about the TARDIS' controls to set coordinates for a specific location. She gives South Croydon in 1990 as an example.
- An illustrated preview by Martin Geraghty appeared in DWM 369.
- Uniquely for a non-special release (such as Zagreus and The Next Life), this audio's CD release was in a soft-pack CD case.
- This audio drama was recorded on 9 and 10 November 2005.
- Ace refers to the "redecorating" of the TARDIS by the Doctor, Hex and herself. (TV: Doctor Who)
- The Doctor previously delivered a baby, specifically his future companion Raine Creevy, in the Soviet Union on 7 November 1967. (AUDIO: Thin Ice) He would later claim to have delivered the Mongol military leader Genghis Khan, whom he described as a "sweet baby." (PROSE: Tragedy Day)
- The Doctor recalls his encounter with Lord Nelson in September 1805. (PROSE: World Game)
- Ace mentions that the Doctor claims to have met Julius Caesar. The Fifth Doctor previously described him to his companion Nyssa as a "splendid chap." (PROSE: Empire of Death) Furthermore, the Sixth Doctor and his companion Evelyn Smythe met his parents and witnessed his birth in 100 BC. (AUDIO: 100 BC) Furthermore, she states that the Doctor has also claimed to have met William Tell. (TV: The Face of Evil)
- Ace asks Hex if the Doctor has given him the "you can't change history" speech yet. (TV: The Aztecs)
- Ace tells Hex that she and the Doctor used to have quarrels with each other "back in [her] teens". (TV: Ghost Light, The Curse of Fenric et al)
- Official The Settling page at bigfinish.com
- DisContinuity for The Settling at Tetrapyriarbus - The DisContinuity Guide