The Shark Shocker was a Doctor Who Adventures comic strip published in 2012.
While visiting the Pheezel Galaxy, the Doctor takes Decky Flamboon to Seacyde, planet of the Seasides. There, accompanied by their Tourbot for the day, they are about relax, but there is a huge splash when something falls into the sea. Taking a small boat, the three of them sail out to the site where the Doctor uses his sonic screwdriver in the water to do a scan. But the sonic draws attention and a huge blue shark-like spacecraft comes to the surface and, rising above the water, smashes the boat. Grabbed by long hooks, the three are taken aboard and placed in a giant bubble. The bubble contains the air in a ship filled with water. The alien crew explain that their ship, the Maritimus Carcharias, transporting marine-life around the stars, has malfunctioned. Its defences pilot it to the nearest sustainable planet. The Doctor's sonic screwdriver had been detected and the crew need the Doctor's help. The Doctor scans and fixes the ship's computer system — problems with the fish's microchips. Back on the shore the Doctor and his friends watch the shark-like ship leave the sea and return to the stars.
to be added
- This story continued to tell the tale of the Doctor trying to get new companion Decky Flamboon home.
- The spaceship creator was the winning DWA design competition winner by reader Joe Dutton based on a shark.
Original print details
- Publication with page count and closing captions
- DWA 295 (4 pages) DON'T MISS ANOTHER NEW ADVENTURE NEXT TIME!
- No reprints to date.
- The Doctor seldom meets water "breathing" creatures — although he did meet the Fish people of Atlantis in TV: The Underwater Menace.