Unlike other fictional universes, the Doctor Who universe is created solely by fiction. To us, this is a secondary source. Information from this source can only be used in "behind the scenes" sections, or on pages about real world topics.
|The Shooting Scripts|
|Written by:||Various and Russell T Davies|
|Release date:||13 October 2005|
|Format:||Hardback book, 512 pages|
|ISBN 0 563 48641 4|
- You may be looking for any one of a number of other script books.
The Shooting Scripts was the official release of all the shooting scripts of series 1 of Doctor Who. It was notable for being the first time the Doctor Who scripts had been released in the same year as the initial broadcast of their episodes.
The planet Earth is drifting in space, silent, serene. Suddenly – the beep-beep-beep of an alarm clock.
With these words – the opening stage directions from Episode 1, 'Rose' – Doctor Who returned to our screens after an absence of 16 years. And what a return! The new series of Doctor Who has thrilled and captivated millions of viewers, with a fabulous cast, led by Christopher Eccleston and Billie Piper, stunning sets and visual effects, and above all, wonderful scripts.
Filled with drama and emotion and crackling with wit and energy, the stories that launched Doctor Who into the twenty-first century are published here for the first time. This book presents the final shooting scripts for all 13 episodes, enabling you to relive the Doctor’s encounters with the monstrous Slitheen, Rose's disastrous attempt to save her father's life, the apocalyptic showdown with the Daleks, and all the other great moments from the 2005 series.
The scripts also gave a unique insight into how the writers visualised their stories, with descriptions of sets, hints about the characters' emotions, and ideas for specific shots. Introductions by the scriptwriters reveal their inspirations for each episode, as well as the practicalities of working to budgets and schedules, and any changes they had to make to bring their words to the screen.
With a foreword by lead writer Russell T Davies, explanatory notes on the scriptwriting process, and over 1000 screen grabs and photographs, this book is an essential companion to the 2005 series and a must for all fans of the new Doctor Who.
- Foreword by Russell T Davies
- Introduction by Helen Raynor
- Script Notes
- Episode 1 Rose by Russell T Davies
- Episode 2 The End of the World by Russell T Davies
- Episode 3 The Unquiet Dead by Mark Gatiss
- Episode 4 Aliens of London by Russell T Davies
- Episode 5 World War Three by Russell T Davies
- Episode 6 Dalek by Robert Shearman
- Episode 7 The Long Game by Russell T Davies
- Episode 8 Father's Day by Paul Cornell
- Episode 9 The Empty Child by Steven Moffat
- Episode 10 The Doctor Dances by Steven Moffat
- Episode 11 Boom Town by Russell T Davies
- Episode 12 Bad Wolf by Russell T Davies
- Episode 13 The Parting of the Ways by Russell T Davies
- The scripts presented here are the locked scripts with the intension of being filmed. The ‘OMMITTED’ scenes having been removed before the filming began. The scripts show the anticipated filming schedule before the material went into editing and post-production.
- The (albeit brief) introduction to each of the featured stories by the writer gives a further insight into what the writers inspiration and ambition were.
- Published in hardback priced £18.99 (UK)
- The dust jacket is the same as the book cover.