The Side of the Angels was the third story in the audio anthology Doom Coalition 4, produced by Big Finish Productions. It was written by Matt Fitton and featured Paul McGann as the Eighth Doctor, Nicola Walker as Liv Chenka and Hattie Morahan as Helen Sinclair.
Publisher's summary Edit
Cardinal Ollistra has plans for New York, plans which involve the Deputy Mayor and her sponsor, one 'Reverend Mortimer' – better known to the Doctor as the Meddling Monk. The Eleven arrives to stamp out the resistance, but that isn't the only danger the Doctor finds lurking in the shadows – for New York is a city of Weeping Angels.
to be added
- The Doctor - Paul McGann
- Liv Chenka - Nicola Walker
- Helen Sinclair - Hattie Morahan
- Cardinal Ollistra - Carolyn Pickles, Jacqueline Pearce
- The Meddling Monk - Rufus Hound
- The Eleven - Mark Bonnar
- Veklin - Beth Chalmers
- Joanie Carrington - Ronni Ancona
- The Doctor compares the Monk to Robert Moses.
- The Monk uses a quantum communicator to speak to the Weeping Angels.
- The Eleven uses a Time Ring.
to be added
- The Doctor recognises the Weeping Angels. (AUDIO: Fallen Angels)
- The Monk wishes to "start afresh" with the Doctor, deducing from his manner that he had been antagonised by a past or future incarnation of his. (AUDIO: To the Death)
- Ollistra and the Monk state that they did not bring the Angels to New York; they were already there. (TV: The Angels Take Manhattan)
- The Angels take the voice of a person they kill, as was the case with Angel Bob. (TV: The Time of Angels)
- The images of the Angels become Angels. (TV: The Time of Angels)
- Liv uses Promethean Everlasting Matches. (PROSE: Doctor Who in an Exciting Adventure with the Daleks; AUDIO: Caerdroia)
- The Eighth Doctor would later meet Ollistra's next incarnation on Synthesis Station. (AUDIO: Day of the Vashta Nerada)