The Silent Scream was the third story in the sixth series of Fourth Doctor Adventures.
Publisher's summary Edit
The Doctor, Romana and K9 have arrived in a terrified Tinseltown. A new film is being made and several stars of the silent screen are viewing it as a potential comeback... but it may prove a poisoned chalice. Actors are vanishing and strange creatures stalk the streets.
Something evil is lurking behind the scenery. Can the Doctor stop it when he doesn't have a voice?
It's time for his close-up.
Part one Edit
to be added
Part two Edit
to be added
- The Doctor - Tom Baker
- Romana - Lalla Ward
- K9 - John Leeson
- Dr Julius - Alec Newman
- Lorretta Waldorf - Pamela Salem
- Nelly - Jane Slavin
- Lulu Hammerstein - Andrée Bernard
- Cab driver / Director - John Banks
- The Celluloids are trans-organic cellulose avatars, developed by 2130. Although they appear two dimensional, they are 0.03 millimetres thick, which the Doctor says is a "micron."
- Cellulose is a cotton derivative, and is highly flammable.
- By 2130, humanity is "tinkering" with time corridors.
- The cab driver claims his sister owns a robot dog in Boston.
- Lorretta refers to the famous "HOLLYWOOD LAND" sign. The "LAND" was removed in 1949.