Publisher's summary Edit
"My new Fire-Ice will solve all the problems of the planet!" The world is on the brink of crisis. As fuel runs short, society begins to break down. One man seems to have the answer. But is it too good to be true? The Doctor arrives at an old oil refinery near the South Pole, concerned by claims about this new form of energy. He soon discovers something huge and terrifying is stalking the refinery. It brings death and destruction in its wake. The battle has begun for planet Earth.
to be added
to be added
- Prior to release of this novel a cover design was released that featured the Doctor in his Series 6 costume and that series' Doctor Who logo.
- The Doctor first encountered the Myrka in his third incarnation in a Silurian base, (PROSE: The Scales of Injustice) and later on Sea Base 4 in 2084 during his fifth incarnation. (TV: Warriors of the Deep)
- The Doctor expresses a fondness for Jammie Dodgers. (TV: Victory of the Daleks)
- The Doctor says he "had to pull some strings at UNIT" to get to the South Pole. (TV: The Invasion onwards)
- The Doctor mentions that Sea Devils is "a nickname coined in the 70s." (TV: The Sea Devils)
- The Doctor once again ponders why he likes humans so much. (TV: Warriors of the Deep)
- The Discontinuity Guide to: The Silurian Gift at The Whoniverse
- The Cloister Library: The Silurian Gift