Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|The Sontaran Games|
|Main enemy:||Sontarans, Rutan Host|
|Main setting:||BASE, 21st century|
|Release date:||26 February 2009|
|Format:||Paperback, 112 pages|
|Revenge of the Judoon||Code of the Krillitanes|
Publisher's summary Edit
Every time the lights go out, someone dies...
The TARDIS lands at an academy for top athletes, all hoping to be chosen for the forthcoming Globe Games. But is one of them driven enough to resort to murder? The Tenth Doctor discovers that the students have been hushing up unexplained deaths.
As the Sontarans begin their own lethal version of the Globe Games, the Doctor and Emma must find out what's really going on. But the Doctor is captured and forced to take part in the Sontaran Games. Can even a Time Lord survive this deadly contest?
to be added
- Tenth Doctor
- Sontar sand shrews
- Major Stenx
- Captain Skeed
- Lieutenant Slorr
- Lieutenant Skezz
to be added
- As with the main BBC New Series Adventures line, this novel continued the series of stories in which the Doctor travels without an ongoing companion. This was the first Quick Reads to not feature one of the regular companions.
- The novel also continued with the BBC Books main range theme for 2009 in featuring returning races and villains from the TV show, although all Quick Reads releases to date have featured past monsters anyway.
- This story features the Twelfth Sontaran Battle Fleet.
- Although initially thought to be the final Tenth Doctor Quick Reads release, another book was published in March 2010, entitled Code of the Krillitanes. It was published several months after David Tennant had left the series.
- This novella was also released as an ebook available from the Amazon Kindle store.
- The Sontarans first appeared in the revived series in TV: The Sontaran Stratagem/The Poison Sky, and the Doctor makes a subtle reference to those events. They would later appear again in-print in PROSE: The Taking of Chelsea 426.
- A Rutan makes an appearance. They were first seen in TV: Horror of Fang Rock and would also feature alongside the Sontarans again in-print in The Taking of Chelsea 426. They would later have be seen in GAME: The Gunpowder Plot.
- The Doctor opens the TARDIS by clicking his fingers. (TV: Forest of the Dead)
- Major Stenx, who is seen on the cover of the book, identified so as he is the only Sontaran to take off his helmet, greatly resembles General Staal (TV: The Sontaran Stratagem/The Poison Sky) and Stark (TV: The Pandorica Opens), suggesting they may have been cloned from the same genetic source.
- A group of Sontarans also go looking for a single hiding Rutan in HOMEVID: Shakedown: Return of the Sontarans.
- The Discontinuity Guide to: The Sontaran Games at The Whoniverse
- The Cloister Library: The Sontaran Games