Publisher's summary Edit
A Sontaran fleet, desperate to join the epic conflict, follows in its wake to take advantage of the fallout. But when Commander Jask is beamed down to the ravaged surface, there is more to his arrival than first appears.
Soon, an unlikely champion joins forces with the Time Lord to fight for the future of her world, and together they must face the Sontaran Ordeal...
to be added
- The Doctor - Paul McGann
- Sarana Teel - Josette Simon
- Jask - Dan Starkey
- General Stenk/Flitch - Christopher Ryan
- Tag Menkin/Ensign Stipe - Sean Connolly
- The Doctor considers the Last Great Time War to be cruel and senseless.
- After Sarana describes the Doctor as "a very frustrating man", he retorts that she is not the first person to say that.
- The Doctor claims to be a tourist.
- The Doctor mentions that he trained with Musashi to swordfight.
- All Sontarans are aware of the Doctor and the TARDIS.
- Sarana has two sons who were taken in battle.
- Drakkis' sector of space was contaminated by temporal flux, which occurs when the effects of the Time War enter real time. The Sontarans' battle computers indicate that, prior to the alteration of history, Drakkis had been at peace for its entire existence. Other planets have suffered the same. The effects are irreversible.
- The Doctor comments that he felt undressed without his sonic screwdriver.
- Jask was once known as "Jask the Foe Slayer".
- Drakkis has no strategic value to the Sontarans.
- Incinerators are kept on Sontaran ships to dispose of dead soldiers.
- Notably, this is the only story in the Classic Doctors, New Monsters series that features enemies from the Classic era, as the Sontarans made their debut during the Third Doctor's tenure. However, this is justified by having these Sontarans be a clone batch from the Time War, an element of the New series.
- Jask uses the Sontaran battle cry "Sontar, ha!" when he discovers the Doctor and Sarana. (TV: The Sontaran Stratagem)
- The Doctor wields a sword, but snaps it before he can use it. (COMIC: The Glorious Dead)
- Sarana incapacitates Jask by striking his probic vent. (TV: The Time Warrior, et. al)
- The Doctor refers to Sontaran teleport pods. (TV: The Sontaran Stratagem)
- Jask was a member of the Ninth Sontaran Battle Fleet. (TV: The Two Doctors)
- Due to the Last Great Time War, the Doctor has to hide his Time Lord heritage from others. (TV: The Night of the Doctor)
- The Sontarans are trying to participate in the Time War. (TV: The Sontaran Stratagem; AUDIO: The Eternity Cage)
- Jask refers to the Rutan-Sontaran War. (TV: The Time Warrior, et. al)
- Jask comments that the Doctor has defeated several Sontaran invasions. (TV: The Sontaran Experiment, The Invasion of Time; AUDIO: The Sontarans, The Eternal Battle, The King of Sontar)
- Towards the end of his tenth incarnation, the Doctor saved his former companions Mickey Smith and Martha Jones from another Sontaran named Jask. (TV: The End of Time)