|The Space Age|
|Companion(s):||Fitz Kreiner, Compassion|
|Main enemy:||The Makers, Mods & Rockers|
|Main setting:||Earth, England, 1965 / 2019 (see Notes)|
|Release date:||1 May 2000|
|Format:||Paperback Book; 15 Chapters, 237 Pages|
|BBC Eighth Doctor Adventures|
|Coldheart||The Banquo Legacy|
Publisher’s summary Edit
This is the city: a technological paradise built by an advanced race. Its glittering towers reach proudly for the stars, and its spires are looped by elevated roadways.
The people that lived here were enlightened and contented. They travelled in bubble-topped saucer cars, along moving pavements or in anti-gravity tubes. Obedient robots tended to their every whim. Disease, war, famine and pollution had been eradicated. Food machines synthesised all essential nutrients into pill form, and personal rocket ships brought the solar system within reach. The people of the city befriended Venusians and Martians alike.
The city is self-cleansing. Its systems harness solar power and static electricity. Its buildings are constructed from a metal that will never rust or tarnish. It will stand forever as a monument to the achievements of the human race.
This is Earth. The year is 2000 AD. This is your future.
Welcome to the Space Age.
Chapter Titles Edit
- City on the Edge of Wherever
- A Visit from Outer Space
- Living in the Modern World
- Collision Course
- Through the Long Night
- Get Ready to Rumble
- A Better Place
- Prisoners (In All Sorts of Ways)
- Reel to Real
- When the Lights Went Out
- The Ultimate Weapon
- Possible Futures
The Doctor Edit
- The Doctor carries a metal comb and a silver yo-yo in his pockets.
Drugs and medicines Edit
- Fitz still carries cigarettes in his pocket.
- Fitz is still trying to form a friendship with Compassion and dislikes the idea of treating Compassion as anything other than a human being, unlike the Doctor.
- Compassion is attracted to the Makers because they operate on the same "levels" that she does.
- Compassion still distrusts the Doctor because of the randomiser he forcibly fitted to her.
- The Makers are beings who exist outside of time and can manipulate it with ease.
- Compassion is becoming more arrogant and detached from her humanity as she comes to terms with her nature as a TARDIS.
- The year is perceived by those within the city as 2019, but it is questionable if this is really the year.
- The City is built on a nameless asteroid in what transpires to be the year 3012AD
- The Doctor defeats the Maker’s supercomputer using the riddle he used on BOSS in TV: The Green Death and his Nelly the pink elephant riddle from TV: Destiny of the Daleks.
- Fitz mentions Meeps.
- Fitz also mentions the Remote and Faction Paradox.
- The Doctor recalls meeting Fitz in 1963. (PROSE: The Taint)
- The Doctor mentions Macra. (TV: The Macra Terror)
- Fitz mentions his time spent in Mechta. (PROSE: Parallel 59)
- The Space Age at the Doctor Who Reference Guide
- The Discontinuity Guide to: The Space Age at The Whoniverse
- The Cloister Library: The Space Age