Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|The Spear of Destiny|
|Companion(s):||Jo, The Brig|
|Main enemy:||The Master|
|Read by:||Marcus Sedgwick|
|Release date:||23 March 2013|
|Format:||E-book, 55 pages|
|The Nameless City||The Roots of Evil|
|Another audio clip|
|Behind the scenes video|
Publisher's summary Edit
The Third Doctor and Jo Grant are trying to track down the magical spear of Odin when they find themselves caught up in a vicious battle between two Viking tribes. But one of the Vikings is even more dangerous than he appears to be. Can the Doctor stop the spear getting into the wrong hands before it's too late?
to be added
- According to the Doctor, the Spear of Destiny is the same spear which pierced the side of Jesus at the Crucifixion.
- Due to being a Physical Temporal Nexus, the Spear of Destiny will not miss when it is thrown at a target, no matter the distance.
- The Spear of Destiny was called Gungnir during 141, when it was in the possession of Odin.
- The Doctor uses the temporal grace within the TARDIS to disable the spear's aim when it is thrown at him; he swaps it for a replacement.
- Jo knows a lot about the Punic Wars.
- The Moxon Collection is on Dover Street.
- The Master uses the alias Frey.
- The Doctor and Jo meet Odin, High King of all Sweden, who was supposed a god due to the power of the Spear.
- Adolf Hitler possessed the Spear of Destiny throughout World War II.
- The story unambiguously set the year of the Doctor and Jo working with UNIT as 1973. See UNIT dating controversy.
- An audiobook of the story was read by its author, Marcus Sedgwick.
- The Doctor has had his ability to pilot the TARDIS returned to him. (TV: The Three Doctors)
- The Twelfth Doctor would later encounter another version of Odin. (TV: The Girl Who Died)
to be added