|The Squire's Crystal|
|Main character(s):||Bernice Summerfield|
|Main enemy:||Avril Fenman|
|Publisher:||Big Finish Productions|
|Cover by:||Carolyn Edwards|
|Release date:||April 2001|
|Format:||Paperback Book, 188 Pages|
|Big Finish Bernice Summerfield prose stories|
|The Gods of the Underworld||The Infernal Nexus|
|Big Finish Bernice Summerfield series|
|The Gods of the Underworld||The Stone's Lament|
The Squire's Crystal was the third novel published by Big Finish Productions as part of their Big Finish Bernice Summerfield series. This was Jacqueline Rayner's first full contribution to the Bernice Summerfield range; she had previously adapted all audio stories of Season 1 except Beyond the Sun. This novel is the final novel to feature art by Carolyn Edwards; future novels' art would be done by Adrian Salmon whose work for the range began with The Stone's Lament.
Publisher's summary Edit
Legend tells of an evil sorceress who used the power of magical crystals to transfer her mind into the bodies of others. Her reign of terror was long and bloody, and her final defeat the cause of great rejoicing.
But that's just a legend. A story told to children. Isn't it? I mean, it's ridiculous. It couldn't have really happened... could it?
Finding the last resting place of the Crystal Sorceress is an archaeological dream on a par with discovering the Holy Grail. So it's hardly likely that someone will just offer the solution to Professor Bernice Summerfield on a plate.
But sometimes the unlikely actually happens. And one thing that's very, very unlikely is that Benny will suddenly find herself to be a member of the opposite gender...
to be added
- Bernice Summerfield
- Adrian Wall
- Avril Fenman
- Irving Braxiatel
- Dominic Troy
- Arsine de Vallen
- Bernice Summerfield looks thirty-five but is technically a bit older. While in the male body of Dominic Troy, Benny flirts with Ms Jones to get a security pass.
- Dominic Troy is also known as Nico Lyence.
- Adrian Wall fancies Benny. He has sex with Benny, unaware that Benny's body has been taken over by Avril.
- Avril Fenman is also known as 'The Soul Sucker'. She takes over Benny's body.
- Wolsey knows who Benny is even when her consciousness is in the body of a man.
- Hera is a planet.
- This is the last Bernice Summerfield novel to have cover art by Carolyn Edwards.
- The Squire's Crystal is not currently listed on the Big Finish Productions web site.
- The Squire's Crystal at the Doctor Who Reference Guide
- The Discontinuity Guide to: The Squire's Crystal at The Whoniverse