|Main setting:||Gallifrey, First Segment of the Last Great Time War|
|Printed in:||Heroes and Monsters Collection|
|Heroes and Monsters Collection|
The Stranger was an original story featured in Heroes and Monsters Collection.
The War Doctor travels back in time to the early period of the Time War to save Gallifreyan children from being killed by Daleks who have managed to hide away under the surface of Gallifrey itself.
- Rojan sorts out plasma cannon shells and staser bolt chargers in the munitions factory.
- The War Doctor has travelled through Gallifrey's history to near the start of the War.
- The War Council placed munitions factories all over Gallifrey. One is in the Mountain of Serenity.
- The War Doctor says he went by the name "the Warrior" for a time.
- Some of the children in the munitions factory haven't looked into the Untempered Schism yet.
- The Daleks travel in hoverbouts.
- The earliest period of the Last Great Time War is referred to as the First Segment.
- The Doctor got personally involved in the war and gave up his name during the Fifth Segment.
- The Daleks traveling back in time to kill an enemy before the enemy establishes themselves is similar to the plot of the Terminator franchise. Matt Smith had appeared in the fifth film before the release of The Stranger.
- Rojan knows about the Time Lords trying to prevent the Daleks' creation, (TV: Genesis of the Daleks) the Etra Prime incident, (AUDIO: The Apocalypse Element) and the Hand of Omega destroying Skaro's second sun. (TV: Remembrance of the Daleks)
- Rojan was told by his House Uncle about previous time wars and the Great Vampires. (TV: State of Decay)
- The Doctor says that he abandoned his name in the Fifth Segment of the War. (TV: The Night of the Doctor)