The Sword of the Chevalier was the second story in the The Tenth Doctor Adventures: Volume Two, produced by Big Finish Productions. It was written by Guy Adams and featured David Tennant as the Tenth Doctor and Billie Piper as Rose Tyler.
Publisher's summary Edit
1791 and the Doctor and Rose get to meet one of the most enigmatic, thrilling and important people in history: The Chevalier d'Eon. She used to be known as a spy, but then she used to be known as a lot of things. If there’s one thing the Doctor knows it’s that identity is what you make it. Choose a life for yourself and be proud. Mind you, if the Consortium of the Obsidian Asp get their way, all lives may soon be over...
to be added
- The Doctor - David Tennant
- Rose Tyler - Billie Piper
- Chevalier D'Eon - Nickolas Grace
- Joxer / Butler - Mark Elstob
- Christopher Dalliard - Tam Williams
- Hempel / Dancer / Duchess - Lucy Briggs-Owen
- Darcy / Groom - James Joyce
- The Doctor was taught fencing alongside Errol Flynn by Basil Rathbone.
- The Doctor notes Oscar Wilde as an example of a "name-dropper".
- Hempel notes the Earth's population to be "eight hundred million, give or take."
- D'Eon previously appeared in the The Faction Paradox Protocols two-part audio story Sabbath Dei / In the Year of the Cat.
- The authorised German translation of the story was titled Das Schwert der Ritterin, thus, identifying the titular character as a female.
- Rose claims that there is no such thing as the Devil. However, she and the Doctor would later encounter the Beast, who claimed to be so, on the planet Krop Tor. (TV: The Impossible Planet / The Satan Pit)
- The Doctor tells Rose that Time Lords consider concepts like gender to be archaic. (TV: World Enough and Time)