|The Tides of Time|
|Publisher:||Panini Publishing Ltd.|
|Release date:||31 May 2005|
|Format:||Comic sized paperback|
|Doctor Who Magazine graphic novels|
- You may be looking for the titular comic story.
The Tides of Time was the only volume of the Panini Publishing series of Doctor Who Magazine comic collections that featured the Fifth Doctor. Like all in the series, it was notable for its high quality digital restoration of the comics. It was the first chance readers had of seeing the original, monochromatic version of the comics since they were first published in DWM.
Publisher's summary Edit
The complete run of Fifth Doctor comic strips from the pages of Doctor Who Monthly!
The travelling Time Lord has regenerated – and he's back in this third collection of classic comic-strips!
Join the heroic Fifth Doctor in his complete DWM strip collection – six incredible out-of-this-world adventures from the pen of Steve Parkhouse: THE TIDES OF TIME, STARS FELL ON STOCKBRIDGE, THE STOCKBRIDGE HORROR, LUNAR LAGOON, 4-DIMENSIONAL VISTAS and THE MODERATOR!
In these mind-bending adventures through time, space and alternative realities, the Doctor finds himself up against old enemies – the Ice Warriors and the Meddling Monk – plus an incredible array of new foes – including the demonic Melanicus, the money-grabbing Josiah W Dogbolter, trigger-happy Time Lord Tubal Cain, and a ghostly presence aboard his own TARDIS!
Joined by the mysterious Matrix agent Shayde, UFO-spotter Max Edison and time-warped GI Gus Goodman, the Doctor has to contend with threats to the universe, to his own freedom and even to the lives of his companions ...
Featuring stunning artwork from the award-winning DAVE GIBBONS (Watchmen), plus MARK AUSTIN (Judge Dredd) and STEVE DILLION (The Punisher) and scripts from 2000AD's STEVE PARKHOUSE – plus a bonus Fourth Doctor strip by PAUL NEARY – these classic comics have been digitally restored for the twenty-first century and are reprinted for the very first time in their original format!
A MUST-HAVE COLLECTION FOR FANS OF DOCTOR WHO AND CLASSIC BRITISH COMICS ALIKE!
Comic stories Edit
- The Tides of Time
- Stars Fell on Stockbridge
- The Stockbridge Horror
- Lunar Lagoon
- 4-Dimensional Vistas
- The Moderator
Additional features Edit
- About the Authors
- Project Editor and Designer: Clayton Hickman
- Artwork scanning and digital cleanup: Peri Godbold,Darren Miles, James Clarkson and Clayton Hickman
- Cover artwork: Martin Geraghty
- Colours: Adrian Salmon
- Production: Mark Irvine
- Managing Editor: Alan O'Keefe
- Managing Director: Mike Riddell
- Thanks to: Tom Spilsbury, Mike Tucker, Gary Russell, Scott Gray, and Rosemarie Harrison.
- This complete collection features the run of Fifth Doctor stories and contains 226 high quality printed pages and a new cover by Martin Geraghty and priced at £14.99 (UK).
- All the comic strip stories featured in this first volume have been cleaned up and are presented as they first appeared in the pages of Doctor Who Monthly, complete with opening and closing captions.
- The two-page coloured spread by Dave Gibbons for The Tides of Time that first appeared in DWM issue 66 is reprinted on the inside back and front cover.
- Martin Geraghty also provided a new full page B&W negative image of the Fifth Doctor, Shayde and Justin variation of the cover.