|The Time Monster|
|Based on:||The Time Monster|
|Featuring:||The Brig, Mike Yates, Benton|
|Publisher:||Target Books, W.H. Allen|
|Cover by:||Andrew Skilleter|
|Release date:||13 February 1987|
|Format:||Hardcover and paperback editions; 15 Chapters, 151 Pages|
|Doctor Who and the Mutants||The Three Doctors|
Publisher's summary Edit
Outside the bounds of this world lives Kronos, the Chronivore – a mysterious creature that feeds on time itself. Posing as a Cambridge professor the Master intends to use Kronos in his evil quest for power. To stop him, the Doctor and Jo must journey back in time to Ancient Atlantis and to a terrifying confrontation within the Time Vortex itself. But can even the Doctor save himself from the awesome might of the Time Monster?
Chapter titles Edit
- The Nightmare
- The Test
- The Summoning
- The Ageing
- The Legend
- The Ambush
- The High Priest
- The Secret
- Time Attack
- The Time-Eater
- The Guardian
- The Captives
- The Return of Kronos
Deviations from televised story Edit
- The Master speculates on how Rassilon used the time-scoop, and how he got on well with Percival's predecessor.
- There are a few minor spelling changes: The Master's alias Thascales becomes Thascalos, Percival becomes Perceval and Miseus become Myseus.
- Thascalos is not revealed to be the Master until he hypnotises Perceval.
- The sequence of Krasis disappearing from the temple is omitted.
- Lakis is not dragged out of the King's Chamber after delivering her message.
- The lack of casualties in the Roundhead battle is explained by Yates ordering his men to fire above their heads.
- The Brigadier addressing Yates as "Mike" after the V1 explosion is changed.
- Galleia tells the Doctor to leave after freeing him, knowing her people are doomed.
- On page 61, Perceval is referred to as Humphrey Perceval. This seems to be a mistake, since on other occasions his first name is given as Charles, as in the televised version. (In both versions, Cook's first name is given as Humphrey.)
Writing and publishing notes Edit
to be added
British publication history Edit
- W.H. Allen & Co. Ltd. UK