|The Time Stealer|
|Main setting:||Earth, 1908|
|Publisher:||GE Fabbri Ltd|
|Printed in:||DWBIT 53|
|Release date:||17 September 2008|
|Format:||Comic - Part 1 of 4 (4 pages)|
|DWBIT comic stories|
|Lair of the Zenith||School of the Dead|
Opening narration box Edit
The TARDIS has landed in the grounds of an English manor in 1908 ...
The TARDIS has tracked ripples in the vortex to a spooky old house. Inside, time is jumping around, as evidenced by a grandfather clock and a potted plant. Two ghostly children appear and lead the Doctor and Donna up the stairs to meet "mother". In a room with a fire is an old woman. She begs them to come closer. She grabs Donna, who rapidly ages while the old woman becomes younger.
The Doctor recognises her as the Koltroxa, a myth that drifts endlessly in time until she is trapped at the time of her death. He makes a deal with the Koltroxa. In return for returning Donna's life force and leaving, he will give her some of his life force. The deal is done but the Doctor realises the Koltroxa must be stopped. She feed on more humans to extend her life. She must be found.
to be added
- Supporting the series of collectible Doctor Who trading cards, the magazine carried a regular four page comic strip series of the Tenth Doctor's adventures.
- The limitation of only four pages meant that stories often lacked depth compared to other regular comic strips running at the same time.
- The artwork and colours were bold and bright, reflecting the tone of the magazine and, as did Doctor Who Adventures, reflected the appeal to readers younger than those catered to by Doctor Who Magazine.
- The Battles in Time comic strip sought to reinforce the association of its Doctor with the one seen on screen with "props" from the TV series: his blue/brown suit, sonic screwdriver, psychic paper and his intelligent glasses.
Original print details Edit
- 1/4 DWBIT 53 (4 pages) TO BE CONTINUED...!
- No reprints to date.
to be added