|The Ultimate Adventure|
|Adapted from:||The Ultimate Adventure|
|Main enemy:||Daleks, Cybermen|
|Publisher:||Big Finish Productions|
|Cover by:||Grant Kempster|
|Release date:||September 2008|
|Format:||Two CDs, Two episodes, 50 minutes each|
|Doctor Who - The Stageplays|
|none||Seven Keys to Doomsday|
Publisher's summary Edit
The Daleks have allied themselves with the Cybermen and a deadly band of mercenaries. The future of Earth depends upon a vital peace conference. And Mrs T knows that only one Time Lord can save the world.
There are epic battles. There are betrayals. There is love, and there even songs.
Take your seat for... Doctor Who – The Ultimate Adventure!
Act I Edit
to be added
Act II Edit
to be added
- The Doctor - Colin Baker
- Jason - Noel Sullivan
- Crystal - Claire Huckle
- Karl - David Banks
- Madame Delilah / Mrs T - Nadine Cox
- Envoy / Zog - Derek Carlyle
- Nightclub MC - Bryan Pilkington
- The Daleks / The Cybermen - Nicholas Briggs
- After meeting the British Prime Minister in 10 Downing Street, the Doctor tells Jason that "that woman" terrifies him.
- Crystal is a singer at the Number Ten, a nightclub in Clarendon Square.
- Jason's full name is the Marquis de Saint Epiman de Sinee de la Tour. His mother was English and he was educated in England, not returning to his birthplace until shortly before the outbreak of the French Revolution in 1789.
- The Doctor compares an attempted Dalek invasion of Altair III to humans causing global warming on Earth.
- This was an adaptation of the original stage play Doctor Who: The Ultimate Adventure. Colin Baker and David Banks are the only actors from the original play to reprise their roles for the audio version.
- This audio drama was recorded on 5 and 6 June 2008.
- Chronologically, this is the earliest story to feature the Daleks and the Cybermen alongside each other. It is not, however, the first story to feature them both — an honour instead held by the television story The Five Doctors (or more accurately the novelisation which was released first). It is also not the earliest story to be produced in which the Daleks and Cybermen appear side by side each other since, as it was released in 2008, it was beaten to that position by the television story Doomsday by two years.
- Daleks are present in the TARDIS. Once more, The Ultimate Adventure is chronologically the earliest story in which this has happened. From a release standpoint however, it was beaten by the novel War of the Daleks in 1997 and the television story The Parting of the Ways in 2005.
- This story sees a very rare instance where the Sixth Doctor has a sonic screwdriver in his possession, though it does not explain when or where he obtained another one to replace his predecessor's after it was destroyed in the television story The Visitation.
- The Doctor tells Crystal that he's "had many, many companions in the TARDIS over the years — Susan, Jamie and Zoe, Leela, Peri and Evelyn."
- The Daleks have tried to sabotage a World Peace Conference before. (TV: Day of the Daleks)
- The Doctor mentions that Daleks cannot stand the cold. (TV: Planet of the Daleks)
- The Doctor, Jason and Crystal would later return to Bar Galactica to attend Madame Delilah's funeral, which was her final request. (AUDIO: Beyond the Ultimate Adventure)