Publisher's summary Edit
A planetary anomaly. A scientific impossibility. A mystery to be solved.
Of course, River Song expects to be consulted. She expects her valuable knowledge and experience will help the crew of the Saturnius unlock the strange phenomenon that has appeared in Earth’s solar system.
to be added
- River Song - Alex Kingston
- The Doctor - Sylvester McCoy
- Maddie Bower - Anna Maxwell-Martin
- Ellen Byrne - Gemma Saunders
- Robert Murphy - Justin Avoth
- Computer - Dan Starkey
- Rachel - Salome Haertel
The Doctor Edit
- The Doctor stated that he was "overdue a nap", referring to him rarely needing sleep.
- The Doctor says that one of his best friends was an archaeologist
River Song Edit
- Even when her memories are interrupted by the numerous temporal anomalies, the name "the Doctor" rings a bell somehow.
- According to the Doctor, he patented the Sonic Screwdriver.
- According to River, during cultivation of Earth plant species on other worlds, the oak tree could never thrive.
- As a possible joke on the actor's surname, in conversation with the Seventh Doctor, she remarks "you're rather coy".
- The character of Maddie Bower was named after a fan called "Maddy Bower". Guy Adams met her aunt, and decided to do this because he though it would have been something that would have pleased him, if he had been her age. (VOR 95)
- The Doctor recognises that River's device is a Sonic Screwdriver. (TV: The Husbands of River Song, Silence in the Library et al)
- The closer the crew gets to the Doctor's TARDIS, the more the walls of the two ships have combined. One crewmember notices "the round things". (TV: The Day of the Doctor)
- River Song is able to pilot the TARDIS with ease, even when her memory has been interrupted. (TV: Let's Kill Hitler et al)
- The temporal anomalies are made worse by two time vessels colliding in the Time Vortex. One is the Doctor's TARDIS. (TV: Time Crash)
- The future timeline of Earth has been altered. (TV: The Mysterious Planet)
- The TARDIS has fused with a spaceship before, similarly mixing up their architecture. (TV: Terminus)