The Tenth Doctor and Heather arrive on a farm on an alien planet. A nearby tractor suggests civilisation, albeit a primitive one, judging by the oil-burning engine. The Doctor discovers it suits a driver with three hands. Heather explores the farm and scares one of the green-skinned, one eyed and three armed locals. The frightened "alien" ("little Graxel") runs off to his family. Panicked, they capture the Doctor and Heather and call for the Defence Force to take them away.
Bundled into the back of a van by the security forces, the Doctor tries to reason with the Graxels. He explains they are just sightseers. The Graxels are frightened by these "monsters" with their soft, pink, squishy skin and all those eyes. Only Private Grodax seems to be listening. When they are taken to Surgeon Grondal for dissection, the Doctor uses a trick he learnt from Harry Houdini. He escapes and rescues Heather from a "sleeping mist". After overpowering the guards, the Doctor and Heather are re-captured by Private Grodax. The Doctor reasons with him, pointing out they haven't hurt anyone. Private Grodax believes his people are being unfair and driven by fear. He agrees to help them escape and drives them back to the TARDIS. Seeing his first spaceship, Grodax starts to think about the wonderful universe out there with people like himself.
- The Doctor uses a technique to escape taught to him by Harry Houdini.
- The DWA comic strip adventures were aimed at a younger audience and the artwork and colours were bold and bright, reflecting the tone of the magazine.
- Self contained, one part stories were the norm.
- This was another under the title "The Tenth Doctor's Untold Stories".
Original print details Edit
- Publication with page count and closing captions
- DWA 150 (4 pages) NEXT WEEK! Junk food!
to be added