|The Vampire of Paris|
|Main enemy:||The Darksmith Collective|
|Main setting:||Paris, France, Earth, 1895|
|Publisher:||BBC Children's Books|
|Release date:||30 April 2009|
|ISBN 9781 40590 5176|
|BBC Tenth Doctor Adventures: The Darksmith Legacy|
|The Depths of Despair||The Game of Death|
Publisher's summary Edit
The Doctor decides it's safe to go back in time to find Varlos before he died. From what Gisella recalls of her father's plans, they head for Paris in 1895 where they discover a city in fear. Why will hardly anyone dare venture out after dark? Who is stealing time from their victims? What will the Doctor do when he realises the killer is also after him? Find out by reading the next thrilling adventure in... The Darksmith Legacy!
to be added
The Books Edit
- Interspersed with the main fiction is:
- The Darksmith Legacy's overall story was devised by Justin Richards, who contributed four of the ten titles.
- The Darksmith Legacy was certificated to 13, with under 13's needing parental approval.
- This first book in the series was released along with the second before the remaining titles saw a monthly release throughout 2009.
- Each book in the series was priced £4.99 (UK) and featured a foiled cover with illustration by Peter McKinstry
Interactive Website Content Edit
By visiting the website and participating in the Quest, participants can unlock additional content like computer wallpapers to download. The Quest itself features including games (like finding a specific target in an image, by using the sonic screwdriver as a detector, to hone in (to register 100 on the scale). Once located, the 'Target' provides additional information for further puzzles involving both words and numbers.
- The Doctor refers to his hand after the robot agent says that he will cut it off. He is referring to what happened in TV: The Christmas Invasion.
- The Doctor refers to Poosh as one of the places he would like to retire to.