- You may be looking for the vault owned by Henry van Statten.
The Vault contained alien artefacts and other objects of interest taken by C19 from both before and after the formation of UNIT. (PROSE: The Scales of Injustice) The Vault was permanently kept dark, as some objects would react with light. (AUDIO: Tales from the Vault)
The Vault was initially located in the Cheviot Hills in Northumberland. It was formed by Harold Wilson under the Ministry of Technology, ostensibly to help develop new technologies to enrich British industry: Wilson's "white heat of technology". In truth it located and used alien technology for its own ends, and the MPs who'd approved of it where unaware of what it did. It was run by a mysterious man called the General. (PROSE: One Cold Step, Beast of Fang Rock)
In the late 1960s, the remaining Yeti and technology left over from the London Event were transferred to the vault, including Anne Travers. (PROSE: The Forgotten Son) Corpses from the London Event were transferred there as well, so the "web" fungus could be taken off them.(PROSE: Beast of Fang Rock) (A number of other corpses would be taken to the Vault after future alien attacks (PROSE: The Scales of Injustice) )
At that point the quartermaster of the vault was Captain Hawkins. (PROSE: The Forgotten Son) Leonard Harkness was a scientist who worked there during the late 1960s. (PROSE: One Cold Step) Another scientist who worked alongside Anne was Tim Gambrell, who assisted Anne in running tests on the Om-Tsor and the body of Ed Hill. Anne later revealed to Colonel Lethbridge-Stewart that she was at the Vault to gather information for General Hamilton. The remaining Rutan technology and shuttle pod was sent to the Vault following the events at Fang Rock in May 1969. (PROSE: Beast of Fang Rock) Shortly after, Colonel Lethbridge-Stewart and Air Vice Marshal Gilmore uncovered a secret bunker beneath Shoreditch, London, owned by the Vault. It was run by Lieutenant Leslie Johnston, and he was using a captured Professor Travers to control Yeti found in the Underground. Lethbridge-Stewart and Gilmore brought the operation to an end, by Johnston escaped. (PROSE: The Dogs of War)
By the early 1970s, the Pale Man had taken over, and it fell under Department C19. The Vault's items had grown and even included the complete Mars Probe 6. The Pale Man intended to use the technology within to conquer Earth, and the Vault was raided by the Third Doctor and UNIT. (PROSE: The Scales of Injustice)
In the 21st century, both Captain Ruth Matheson and Charlie Sato worked there. (AUDIO: Tales from the Vault) The Master escaped from the Vault after hypnotising Matheson and Sato into letting him escape in his TARDIS. (AUDIO: Mastermind) Rees later escaped from the Vault after possessing every carcass that had been stored in the Vault, in addition to UNIT soldiers who were sent in to investigate the occurrence. (AUDIO: The Screaming Skull)
These lists should be converted to prose.
- A de-activated Imperial Dalek from the Shoreditch Incident
- Meteorite globes from the first Auton invasion
- Nestene "blood"
- Plague created by the Silurians
- Mars Probe 6
- Samples of Stahlman's ooze
- Fruit from Western Australia containing mercurial dioxide due to fallen particles of dust from outer space.
- A new strain of Venus fly trap found in Rhodesia, large enough to catch a rabbit or a small dog. (PROSE: The Scales of Injustice)
- Fragments of the Xylok crystal from Krakatoa. (TV: The Lost Boy, PROSE: Beast of Fang Rock)
- A deactivated Terravore
- Krynoid pods
- The wreckage from a Sontaran scout ship
- An army jacket, a painting, crystal and a wax cylinder. (AUDIO: Tales from the Vault)
- The Vault was also where the Master was imprisoned when he was captured by UNIT following his escape from the Eye of Harmony. (AUDIO: Mastermind)
- The Master's TARDIS (AUDIO: Mastermind)
- Plastic daffodils
- Rees' skull and music box (AUDIO: The Screaming Skull)
- George Ratcliffe
- Melvin Krimpton
- Stephen Weams
- Mark Gregory
- George Hibbert (PROSE: The Scales of Injustice)
Behind the scenes Edit
When Gary Russell, the author of The Scales of Injustice, tweeted Mastermind writer Jonathan Morris, asking him if the Vault in Mastermind was the same as the one from Russell's novels, Morris responded, "Possibly, but it's now been moved to a secret base under [the] Angel of the North".  When he realised Russell's C19 Vault was a short distance from the one in Mastermind, Morris stated that "it all fits!"  AUDIO: The Screaming Skull later gave the in-universe link for this move.