|The Vengeance of Morbius|
|Publisher:||Big Finish Productions|
|Post production:||Andy Hardwick and Gareth Jenkins|
|Cover by:||Grant Kempster|
|Release date:||August 2008|
|Format:||1 CDx50 mins|
|Doctor Who -|
The New Eighth Doctor Adventures
|Sisters of the Flame||Orbis|
The Vengeance of Morbius was the eighth and final release in the second series of Big Finish Productions' The New Eighth Doctor Adventures audio stories. It featured Morbius who had last appeared in the 2002 novel Warmonger and was introduced in the 1976 television story The Brain of Morbius. This was the first time that Morbius had appeared in an audio story and the first time since 1976 that he had appeared in a performed production.
Publisher's summary Edit
The Universe is in grave danger.
The very fabric of time and space is being altered.
The Doctor and Lucie must race against time to prevent the destruction of everything they hold dear. They may have to sacrifice everything to save the Universe.
to be added
- The Doctor - Paul McGann
- Lucie Miller - Sheridan Smith
- Morbius - Samuel West
- Zarodnix - Kenneth Colley
- Rosto - Alexander Siddig
- Straxus - Nickolas Grace
- Bulek - Barry McCarthy
- Haspira - Nicola Weeks
- Orthena, Headhunter - Katarina Olsson
- Lucie has seen "Jurassic Park" and compares it to what Zarodnix wants to do with the piece of Morbius' brain.
- After the death of Maren, Orthena is now the leader of the Sisterhood of Karn.
- Morbius takes the Statue of Liberty for his collection.
- This audio story is a sequel of TV: The Brain of Morbius.
- This audio drama was recorded on 23 August 2007 at The Moat Studios.
- The story was broadcast on BBC Radio 7 on 18 December 2008.
- The Sisterhood of Karn and Morbius previously appeared in TV: The Brain of Morbius. The Sisterhood would later play a role in this incarnation's demise. (TV: The Night of the Doctor)
- The Doctor explains to Lucie the events of TV: The Brain of Morbius, and comments about being "another time, another face".
- Straxus previously appeared in AUDIO: Human Resources.
- The end of the story is a cliffhanger which leads directly into the events of AUDIO: Orbis.
- The Doctor mentions that he was with Duke of Wellington on the eve of the Battle of Waterloo on 18 June 1815 during his second incarnation. (PROSE: World Game) The Sixth Doctor was also present for the battle but did not encounter Wellington on that occasion. (AUDIO: The Curse of Davros)
- The Fifth Doctor battled against Morbius in PROSE: Warmonger.
- Lucy calls the Doctor "Sarcasmo", a name she previous claimed was her superhero moniker. (AUDIO: Human Resources)
- Official Vengeance of Morbius page at bigfinish.com
- The Vengeance of Morbius at the Doctor Who Reference Guide
- DisContinuity for The Vengeance of Morbius at Tetrapyriarbus - The DisContinuity Guide